Machine Stitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine Stitches

My wife is wanting to purchase a used longarm....I am researching machines, info etc, my question is what is considered a high lifetime stitch count?
    The reason I ask is we have found a Baby Lock Crown Jewel she is interested in but has 11,000,000 plus stitches, however I believe the price is right. What do you all think also the machine has been regularly serviced and is a 2010 model.

Macines are meant to last years. I have a long arm and it doesn't track stitches. Not sure why it would. Works great!!

Comment

I have no clue as to stitch count. I have a Baby Lock Tiara II, which is a table model longarm. I know there is a way to track stitches, but I've never used that feature. IMO, Baby Lock is a good brand. I've been very satisfied with my machine.

Comment

I don't have that particular make/model of longarm, mine is a little lower in quality & price point than the Baby Locks, but to help you put it in perspective....

I've only had my LA for two years, have quilted approx 25 quilts (everything from lap to king size) and already have 3.5+million stitches , had to go check that for you, wow was i surprised by the # already. And she's still purring away.

So I would say 11 mil in 10 years isn't high at all.

One thing I would recommend though is to be sure you have a local repair shop that will service that make in case you do need repairs. Some shops only service the brands they sell, so you really want to know you have someone local, as cost of shipping for repairs can be very high.

Comment

I have a handiquilter long arm, and I believe they make the baby lock crown jewel. My machine is a 2017 model and also has 11 million stitches on it. It is just getting started! With proper maintenance these machines will last a very long time.
          Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
          🙄

Comment

I'm probably a bit later for this party but... Long arm machines, and every other straight stitcher, will last forever. With the long arm there are much fewer moving parts by the elimination of the feed dogs. There are actually no moving parts that are "wear parts." Long arms in particular are built a little more robust in the rotating parts as well. These are very simple in their construction so cleaning and lubrication will keep them going forever. Timing may have to be adjusted but that's normal. Bobbin cases and hook race should be available forever as well. The only thing I'd be looking at is abuse. While repairable it will require some dollars spent, and I'd make sure the price reflected this.
            You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Working...
            X