Too Much Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Much Blue

I finished up the B blocks today. I was looking at the background sashing that I'd already cut. It's too much blue, in my opinion.

102_0725.JPG

So I thought, what if we have the corner stones in the pink. It still looks like too much blue to Mike.

102_0726.JPG

So I thought, what about Pink sashing, and blue corner stones.

102_0727.JPG

What do you think... All blue, blue with pink corner stones, or pink with blue cornerstones?

Tomorrow is Bible Study so nothing's going to get done until after lunch.

Attached Files
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

I vote for the pink corner stones.

Comment

I vote for pink cornerstones also.
      Carlie

Comment

Pink cornerstones for me to.

Comment

Pink and blue O no...not a complimentary color to blue in my opinion. Whites would be better or pale yellows or even a bright copper. A pastel blue would really pop out the dark blue. I could never vote for pink as a color, especially with blue.

Comment

Definitely too much blue. What about matching that sort of cream color that's in some of those blocks? You still could do blue cornerstones along with the cream color sashing.

Comment

• minipinlady
              minipinlady commented
              Editing a comment
              that sounds really good. I like that visual.

• ktdid
              ktdid commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you're right Joy, a cream would be good, it might just be the picture, but the sashing seems overwhelmingly wide

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              That was my thought, too, on the sashing. It seems too wide.

The sashing is cut to 2" so it would end up 1 1/2"
            Katrina

Comment

I like the pink sashing with the blue cornerstones. I think the colors go together nicely. The pink sashing brightens up the whole quilt and brings out the colors in the blocks.
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

How about pulling in some of the green for a sashing? I agree the blue is too much. The pink cornerstones help. I'm not a "pink person" so the pink sashing is too much for me.

Comment

I like the blue sashing and cornerstones. It will truly make the stars pop. Such a pretty blue.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Since I don't have a good eye for color I'm going to let others comment on what they think would look better. That being said, I love those blocks & the colors in them. Since you already have the sashing cut, if you decide not to use the blue you could always use the cut sashing for your binding.

Comment

I love the blocks. they POP. really, the blue isn't bad. maybe the cream or pink can be added if it pleases you more. just not sashings. distracts from the lovely blocks a bit too much. Will be a lovely quilt!!!

Comment

I looked it up, M* doesn't have any of the cream on cream print, but FQS did. https://www.fatquartershop.com/flora...rflies-yardage I ordered enough to sash and do the set in triangles. I have enough blue to do the first border, and the border print for the outer border already ordered.
                        Katrina

Comment

• nativetexan
                          nativetexan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wonderful!!!

I normally think that you can never have enough blue, but I have to agree with the pink cornerstones.

Rob
                        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                        --Ken Burns

Comment

Too much blue, too dark, appears like a solid. Reduce the blue and add print fabrics to coordinate with the other prints you have.

Comment

Working...
                          X