Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to straight line quilt a top that is set on the diagonal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to straight line quilt a top that is set on the diagonal?

This is my first attempt to quilt anything bigger than baby quilts & table runners on my own dsm. I assumed I would just use my walking foot to straight line stitch but now that the top is ready I'm unsure about which direction of lines to make. It's Robert Kaufman's free "Cobblestone Street" pattern. Would you keep them parallel with the main seams (diagonal) or something different e.g. horizontal or vertical or opposite diagonal? Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated! I'm also considering taking it to longarmer for a more swirly all over design.

Personally I would take your quilt to a longarm quilter. She can stitch a great meandering quilting pattern.

Comment

Personally, I would go diagonal, following the sashing. It would be easier to keep your stitching straight.

I'd be afraid that if I went horizontal and vertical, then my pavers (cobblestones) would look "cracked" lol

Comment

You could go diagonal. You just need a little tiny tool to make it easier, and you might already have it.

Quilting/guide bar.

qbf.jpg

🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
        X