Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotary cutter problem

Help please.
    I have 2 rotary cutters as shown in picture. The last 2 sets of blades I have ordered seem to have 3 tabs in the center. So when I cut the cutter goes click, click, click. Seems to cut straight, but haven't done anything very precise.
    I thought blades were interchangeable, but maybe not.
    I am at the point of buying another cutter so I don't waste the blades, or am I just doing something wrong?

Any help would really help

Trying to upload pictures but having trouble

Here are the pictures hope they help
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I've never seen that first blade. The second is what is interchangeable. That's a Fiskers cutter? I hope you get some answer.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

There is only one blade, it has three "tabs". The part on the cutter is round, so it goes bump bump bump

Comment

I have olfa rotary cutters and the notches are because there's a washer and spring that all fit together. I would just buy a fiskers blade.

Comment

Thanks I will have to buy a fiskers cutter as I have 2 packages of blades, but this helps me understand

Comment

I've used both Fiskars and Olfa blades in my Olfa cutters. I've never seen the blade with oval hole that you show on that Fiskars cutter. Is it original?
              Maria

Comment

Yes the Fiskars has the oval hole, the only one that does, the other blades work just fine, it's just as you heard, makes a clicking sound. If the sound annoys you, then you'll have to go to the extra expense of a new cutter. Then any brand you choose will fit the 3 hole blades
                Kathryn
                There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I have never used anything but Olfa rotary cutters. Every brand & size has its own specific blade. Before you buy a new cutter, see if there is a how-to video on YT or anywhere on the web, to determine the correct placement of your blade. I know there's one for Olfa brands. You didn't by any chance get 2 blades stuck together, did you? That happened to me once, & the cutter will not work properly unless there is just one blade. I'm very careful when switching blades. I use a tweezers to help separate the blades. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks everyone, noise is ok, just wondered

Comment

Working...
                    X