Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the project I bought this fabric for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the project I bought this fabric for?

Ok really.. yesterday a box came with two honey buns - one Apricot & Ash and the other a nice off white... a charm pack (apricot and ash) .. and some off white yardage..

I am sure it was a 'buy the fabric from todays tutorial' temptation I gave in to, but I can't remember what quilt or find it! HELP?

Not laughing at you I swear ๐Ÿ˜ Wish I could help but if I start searching, there's a high probability that I'll buy fabric.

Comment

There's only a few tutes with honey buns. ๐Ÿ˜
      https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutorials?q=honey%20buns
      ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

I do that too! Lol. I just bought Apricot and Ash as well for a bed quilt for my bed. I love that collection!! Can't wait to see what you make with it.
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• evy
          evy commented
          Editing a comment
          I can so relate. I bought two Serenity Lake charm packs a month ago and am still trying to remember what for. I don't use the dark colors often so hopefully I'll run across a pattern or tute I like eventually!

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        There's only a few tutes with honey buns. ๐Ÿ˜
        https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutorials?q=honey%20buns
        ha! yeah, I looked there and it's none of those... which has me thinking it's from somewhere else, but that I bought the fabric from MSQC (which is also funny since it was my first ever order from there... I try to buy in Canada)

Comment

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in Canada too, but Canada is not kind to quilters shopping wise. A $20 ruler in the USA is about $70 or $80 in Canada so I do all my shopping at MSQC

Was it from Jordans fabrics maybe? She did a tute this month with honey buns.
        https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3
        ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

I hate it when I can't remember what I bought something for. I feel your pain! Check with Cozy quilts, too. Seems like they did a honey bun tutorial recently, too.
          Katrina
          โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            I think we all forget what we buy fabric to make. We need to keep a list.

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            But then I have to remember where I put the list....LOL

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            So true Mimi, so true! Lol

even if i remember, then i can't find the silly pattern!

Comment

I'm awful about buying fabric, I'll buy something thinking "I'll use it for something". If I like it I will buy it. I'm getting better about that now.
            Carlie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Carlie...we are fabric collectors. Nothing wrong with that!

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Hike, tell my husband that. Besides, you have to collect something! Actually I don't think he understands how you need to coordinate fabrics when starting a quilt. I'm making a quilt for his sister and her hubby in thanks for all they did over the years for Dave's parents. Also to commemorate their 35th anniversary. I had some of what I needed. Had to get backing and some off white material for background. He said, don't you have enough. He just doesn't understand the way colors go together. Years ago we were choosing colors for walls, carpet, etc and he kept asking if I was sure they were going to work well together and with our furniture. When it was done and we moved furniture in was was amazed at how it looked.

NEW FRIENDS! I remembered!! I was organizing my rulers (lol) and remembered! I bought the creative grids pineapple ruler and it WAS because of a Jenny tutorial! ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsT...arQuiltCompany

I had looked all over at my fave online shops in Canada, trying to find the fabric i wanted for this, but finding honey buns with coordinating charms is harder than one might think. I wanted to make it with a patterned fabric vs the (very beautiful) bold colours.. and so, the reason for my first MSQC order!

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Hulamoon commented
              Editing a comment
              oh good! that's going to be pretty.

• srgreene
              srgreene commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you remembered. I'm so excited to hear how you do with the pineapple ruler. I have struggled immensely and set mine aside. I'm wonky and ruffly and not sure I'll have the fortitude to finish.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Yay! That's awesome. Looking forward to seeing it!!

Glad you figured it out!! Share pics when your done!!

Comment

Glad you remembered! That's a whoot whoot moment!
              Katrina
              โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

That Apricot & Ash line must have been popular. Many of the items say "currently unavailable".

Comment

• jennlion
                  jennlion commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i had a heck of a time finding a cute honey bun that had a cooridinating charm pack that wasn't the jewel tone solids - I was so glad to find these cute prints in this collection!

So glad you remembered what you wanted to make. Now....off to making that beautiful quilt & posting pictures here! I love the pineapple block.

Comment

• jennlion
                  jennlion commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh. well. uhh.. is it going to be the NEXT one I work on ? Now that's the big question! #fabrichoarder

• Hillbillyhike
                  Hillbillyhike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  #fabriccollector ๐Ÿ˜‰
              Working...
              X