Opinion Question - what do I make with this fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion Question - what do I make with this fabric

Need some inspiration in finding a pattern. New on this forum. I love everything blue and nautical. Live on a lake in upstate New York. Bought these 10 inch fabric bundles and now I don’t know what to do with them. Open to any ideas - lap quilts, pillows, runners, pot holders, place mats, etc. you get the idea. I’m willing to try more intricate patterns - I’m just not that creative with getting started! TIA.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome to the forum from a Missouri. You didn’t say if you are a new quilter or experienced. I looked at your fabric and it reads as all solid. I think I would make something with pinwheels...maybe Pinwheel Picnic. Jenny did a good tutorial on making it. Stars would look good in the navy and white also.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I just finished the Carpenter Star medallion quilt with layer cakes. Mines in blue and white. I added a smidge of yellow in the border for warmth. The blues seemed chilly when I got it finished. No picture since its at the LAQ.

Comment

I have a fondness for two color quilts, they look so fresh. Just an idea search to narrow it down

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover

If you find something you like, we can try to find a tutorial if there isn't a link for it.

Welcome to the forum!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hello from BC, Canada! I love white and navy. There's a miniature quilt in those colours I'd like to make.
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Hello from Indiana. Can't really make a suggestion, but I will say I like four or nine patch quilts. Good luck!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Single, double, treble Irish Chain quilt? with a white background? Welcome to the forum😊

Comment

9820a0d9ab1ac427429a2d087343e08a--square-quilt-white-quilts.jpg This is darling!
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Hello from TX, first thing I think of is chevron!

Comment

I did Jenny's quilt All My X's which was very easy and would look great in all your blues. Also if you have the Missouri Star app you can put layer cakes into the search box and they will all come up. So many to choose from. Welcome from Wisconsin!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X