Stipples Made Easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipples Made Easy

I just ordered a product called Stipples Made Easy from Missouri Star. Has anyone ever tried it? I've never done free motion quilting on my BabyLock and thought this might be a good way to start. Looking for any tips you can give me.

I think it just takes practice. I just go for it and make sure I know my path..so I don't run into any lines and so I don't get myself stuck. I haven't used it. I just looked at it..let us know what you think I like to see my quilt when I'm quilting. I hope you have tons of luck with it!!

Comment

do some doodling on paper with a pencil. different designs too. you will get the hang of it.

Comment

Oh Yeah, Stipples Made Easy is how I started quilting my own quilts. Really helped me concentrate more on controlling the movement of my hands in time with the speed of my needle, without having to think about "where to go next".

Some tips:
        1. Do one row (or column) at a time, don't attempt to adhere the paper in multiple rows all at once (please don't ask me how I know that).
        2. I liked to start with the first row in the middle, this made it easier to adjust the spacing between rows to get a uniformed look around the sides (if that makes sense),
        3. When removing the paper, Have Fun and just know you're going to make a mess and that's OK! And have readily available: a garbage bag, a broom or vacuum, fine point tweezers (very helpful for getting those tiny little bitty pieces of paper out from under your stitching, And a lint roller.
        4. Last thing I can think of, remember the paper will dull your machine needle quicker than regular quilting (no paper), so be sure to change the needle after you're done so you'll be all set for your next project.

Comment

• Berber
          Berber commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Caroline! I appreciate the heads-up.

• Berber
          Berber commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I tried it and I love it! Just made a small placemat and the paper peeled right off. What stitch length did you use? When I experimented with a normal stitch length, it pulled up slightly when I removed the paper. I shortened the length and that worked well but I prefer the look of a longer stitch. Do you have any suggestions?

I have used it and agree with all of Caroline’s suggestions. I work in a medical clinic and for the last couple quilt I have brought home some of the thin paper they use on the exam table and have traced patterns on that and used it the same way.
        Debbie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          I just bought a big roll of tracing paper. That should work...maybe?? Would I use spray baste to adhere it or maybe painters tape around the edge??
      Working...
      X