What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Would you scrap this or go forward. I was looking for something else and ran across these orphan blocks left over from my falling charms quilt. I recently reconnected with my oldest daughter Tiff and low and be hold she tells me her living room is blue and purple. What do I have left over blue and purple. I'll probably do a small light blue border then a bigger purple to tie it all together.

I've played with the blocks..take a picture..change the lay out ..take another picture. I'm going to be sewing Christmas presents so I thought it'll be a small couch quilt to cover your legs. I plan on doing other stuff but what do you think of the little quilt..would you say forget it or do you think it's pleasing to the eye? 20200913_145507.jpgreceived_603449320337535.jpeg
    This is my daughter and granddaughter...had to show!! Not sure why it's sideways.

How many blocks do you have? If that's all there is, it's very small, & IMO not enough color. I've never made the Falling Charms pattern. Don't discard the blocks if you should decide to make something else. These will come in handy for some project, even if you don't use them for this one. It's so nice you've been able to reconnect with this dau.

Comment

Those are pretty fabrics. I would sash each block since you have 20 blocks. Then layout in a 4x5 block grid. I would consider making the sashing at 3 or 3.5 inches wide. The wide sashing will set off the blocks and the creams. Plus make the quilt bigger.

Happy that your were able to re-connect with your daughter and grand-daughter.

Comment

Thanks Joy! Color was what I was struggling with. I think you are right. It was hard for me to see since I have only done the original quilt and it was a rainbow of colors. I have another idea with a charm pack and think I'll save myself the work on this one. Thanks for being honest!! I was stuck!!
        Last edited by Momofmonsters5; September 13, 2020, 04:47 PM. Reason: Phone changed words.

Comment

I found this and I like how the colors are in line so to say. You could add to it to make it more bold looking.It would be pretty in blue and purple.
          falling charms.jpg

🌺 Lorie

Comment

I would make a table runner from the blocks. They’re pretty colors.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I think a beautiful sashing would indeed compliment these nice colors. Something bright like white or yellow. These are lovely blocks and I see so many things you can do with these. Go for it, it's often the things we hesitate on , that turns out so pleasing afterwards.

Comment

Pretty fabric for pretty girls. I'd go for it. The colours are lovely.
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Some great ideas provided above. For sure finish the quilt. I like the idea of sashing each one and the a wide border. Whatever you choose I know willturn out perfect. I look forward to seeing the end product. Your daughter will love it.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Remove the blocks with white centers
                    there is not enough contrast.
                    Make more blocks using the blue or purple fabrics. You need to press and square All blocks before sewing your blocks into rows.
                    Depending on your fabrics blue or purple which ever you decide on I would add a narrow solid fabric and then add a wider print fabric border.

Comment

Love the colors. Could you add sashing or some coordinating color blocks to get a bigger size?

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                        Momofmonsters5 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, i have other fabric. I'm exploring.

I wouldn't scrap it. I would try and find some other fabric to match with in the same color range. You have a good beginning with what you have. I think a small throw would be terrific to have. You could also add a bigger border. Good luck with your search.

Comment

It looks good but yes too small I think you need to find some more to make it bigger. But if I can say this w/o hurting your feelings, I don't think the plaids and the deer print goes with the blue and purples. I could not tell if that was part of your layout or another quilt that was laying under it when you took the pic. Your daughter and GD are gorgeous. They have the most amazing porcelain skin they could be models!

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                          Momofmonsters5 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes it's the quilt on my bed...not part of it!! Are you doing the shriners this year? Aren't you the one who does that?

Can't offer any suggestions, but may I say, how sweet that picture is of your daughter and grand daughter, she is so beautiful.
                        Last edited by ktdid; September 16, 2020, 04:00 AM.
                        Kathryn
                        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Working...
                        X