Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Present Quilt as a Quilt as You Go

Hi everyone!

I am watching Jenny's "The Present Quilt" tutorial. This quilt looks so fun to make.

I normally do quilt as you go projects I was thinking that maybe this one could be done as a quilt as you go.

I would love any thoughts you might have. Thank you so much!

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...quilt-tutorial

hmmm, thanks for that one. anything to make my life easier.

Comment

I think it would work well as a quilt as you go.

I used narrower sashing strips for QAYG.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I think I am going to try this as soon as I finish the Circle Magic quilt that I am currently working on.

I do use a smaller sashing for my QAYG projects. Wish me luck! I get so excited when I try something new! My family is convinced that I am crazy but no one complains when they are gifted something out of my "Happy Room"

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome DesertSewist! That's a neat quilt! Let us know how it goes. I'm going to be doing my first QAYG soon and may need your expertise.

My daughter wants that quilt out of Christmas fabrics. Good luck and please share!!

Comment

I am so excited to be here with all of you creative nice folks. I have only met one quilter in my area and she was lets just say...less than nice. I will share for sure!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            I have only been here for a week or so and have learned so much. The folks here are extremely kind, helpful and lovely! This is a wonderful little community that I'm very happy and grateful to be a part of.

Welcome from Wisconsin! You will love it here! I have never done a QAYG but I do have an unfinished one inherited from my MIL when she passed and it has been sitting in a box for 8 long years giving me the evil eye. Maybe you can give me some advice!

​​​​ It is a sampler, all hand quilted, in gold and brown. But I don't even like it and no one else in the family would either! (And I am sure no one remembers that I even have it.) The blocks are already attached in rows, I think 8 of them. I don't even know how to put them together, do I machine sew the rows from the top and then from the back you hand stitch the rows shut? Because it already has the batting in it and it is already quilted. And she has a three inch border all cut out so what do I do with that, cut long strips of batting 2.5 inches and "stuff" the borders? I feel guilty for not finishing it and not even wanting it but you can see why it has just been sitting in a box all these years!

Comment

Aloha from Kauai!

If you like to do smaller sashing how about you forgo the bows and applique them on after you do each block. It would be a pretty easy shape if you never tried it before.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
            X