Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Colour Help

Hello All,
    I recently found some Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks when we were cleaning out my great-aunts attic. I would like to applique them onto a cream/antique white fabric to create a quilt, but my local quilt shop does not carry any solids that match this description. I want it to be "muslin-like" in colour, so that it will match the antique feel of the blocks, but I want to use a quality fabric (ie - not muslin). Does anyone have any suggestions for a colour? I don't have a preference on who makes it, just want the correct colour. Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.

Abby

I like Kona snow as it is not a white white. I got a wide backing from my local shop recently that was a muslin color, sorry but I don't know the brand or color name.
    It is a good chance that the original maker would have used muslin as her background.

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Kona Snow was going to be my suggestion, too. Definitely use an off white color or cream. I
      tend to lean toward white on cream, but it probably wouldn't have the "antique" look you're wanting.

I use moda muslin..it's great quality. I've used it in a few quilts. They have lots of colors. I'm also a huge fan of moda marbles which I use as my solid 90% of the time.

Comment

I’ve used the unbleached muslin from joanns. I think it’s called premium legacy studio and comes in all different widths. Just checked and it’s on sale
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
        I use moda muslin..it's great quality. I've used it in a few quilts. They have lots of colors. I'm also a huge fan of moda marbles which I use as my solid 90% of the time.
        Thanks for the suggestion Momofmonsters5. I am definitely looking for the colour of muslin but the quality of a good quilting cotton; does this describe Moda muslin? Your help is much appreciated.

Comment

Moda Bella solids- #9900-285. "unbleached muslin" It's only muslin in color. Super quality solid fabric. Been a bit tough to come by after the mask making craze hit, so youll have to scrounge around a bit. Don't know what M* inventory is at present, but when available I purchase from fabricsale.com. When I get below 5 yds on hand I go shopping.
        You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Working...
        X