I Spy Quilt Games/Activity Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Spy Quilt Games/Activity Ideas

Has anyone included any sort of game or activity with an I Spy Quilt you have gifted? I will be gifting three soon and would like to include something like this. Child ages 4, 5, & 6. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Other than having them find the items, not really. I did include a race track and scenes on the back of the quilt, and made the quilt into a quillow for my first grandson. On the top of the pillow, I added a crewel embroidery that I had made for my son, my grandson's godfather, of a little boy which said -- please be patient with me, God isnt finished yet. He is 7 and looooves this quilt.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

In my guild in Germany we did charity quilts for wounded warriors. A guild in Maryland would send us quilts. The base for all wounded in Iraq is Landstuhl, Germany. They would sew a pocket on the back of the quilt and include a baggie of checker pieces. I can't remember if the board was part of the backing or a removable quilt game board. I thought it was a neat idea.

Comment

Include a Scavenger Hunt kind of list. Things you see and list for them to find. Kids generally love scavenger hunts and if you are around when they get the quilts, you could provide some kind of bonus prize if they complete the list.

Comment

Working...
        X