what pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what pattern?

Chanced upon an outdoor sale a few days ago and picked up a bag of fabric scraps. When I rummaged through it, I found a fabric drawstring bag with 10 ziplock bags of strips...all strips were 2.5" wide and bags were organized by strip length...5 bags of black prints. Lengths were 10'5"/8.5"/6.5"/4.5"/2.5" The other 5 bags had the same sizes except in solid white. Anyone have an idea what pattern (s) would use these?

Log cabin maybe?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Odd-Orange-string-qlt.jpg or just simple string blocks...
      Last edited by nativetexan; August 23, 2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        This is beautiful. Black & white go with so many bright colors. I've seen it combined with red, green, aqua, or yellow. The Smoke & Fire quilt I'm currently working on has red diamonds with the B/W fabrics.

• nativetexan
        nativetexan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, that one is still on my list to finish!! soon.

Yes, I think log cabin too.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I just thought of another one

Courthouse Steps

courthouse steps.jpg
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh that one is good due to the different sizes in cuts.

Comment

I was thinking Log Cabin but the Courthouse steps seems relatively easy and I think it would look good in blacks/whites.
            I was thinking that a pattern that had broken strips. I saw a pic of a quilt but I don''t know the name. It was done in strips but all the strips were partly black & partly white. The w/b was joined with a miter. If I remember correctly, the layout had the miters going one way, then the other to form the pattern. I'm probably not explaining it well but does anyone know such a patter?

Comment

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
              I was thinking Log Cabin but the Courthouse steps seems relatively easy and I think it would look good in blacks/whites.
              I was thinking that a pattern that had broken strips. I saw a pic of a quilt but I don''t know the name. It was done in strips but all the strips were partly black & partly white. The w/b was joined with a miter. If I remember correctly, the layout had the miters going one way, then the other to form the pattern. I'm probably not explaining it well but does anyone know such a patter?
              I think I know what you mean. I can see it in my head, it's just thinking up the search words. lol

While I was looking I thought you could make a Bento box with some trimming.

bento.jpg
              Last edited by Hulamoon; August 24, 2020, 06:55 AM.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hulamooon, that looks like a version of Log Cabin.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                  Hulamoon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol, well my brain can't think of anything else.

yes, simple is best. draw it out on paper. i have graph paper with squares. works great!! Have fun.

Comment

• sew-what2015
                  sew-what2015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have that gridded paper too. It certainly comes in handy for quilting designs to see what they will look like.

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
                This pattern uses strips that are then sewn into miters. I made it in batiks, but I bet it would be stunning in black and white with an accent color in the cornerstones.

https://gladcreationsquilts.com/coll...woven-memories

Comment

• sew-what2015
                  sew-what2015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice pattern. It's not the one I was thinking about but I am saving the photo for inspiration. Thanks.

It's not a log cabin. lol

black-white-quilt-pattern.jpg
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

• sew-what2015
                  sew-what2015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, definitely not LC. Thx for posting again, Hulamoon.

Still looking for ideas. Anyone else have suggestions?

Comment

Trip Around the World with the tube method . There are lots of youtube tutorials for this method and this is one of them - plenty to choose from anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l75zs_2MFxI&t=325s

Comment

You wouldn't use precut fabric for this normally.

Hourglass5.jpg
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                X