String star wall hanging problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String star wall hanging problem.

Hello I made Misty's String star wall hanging from her live event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZFmOl1exMs&t=146s.
    I am about to finish it but just realized that the spot where I want to hang it is only 39 inches wide ans the quilt is 40 inches right now. Can I square down the 16 blocks to 9.5 inches??? and also when I bind it will that add to the width? thank you for your advice.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Sew sew sew.
    So? So? So?

Would you feel comfortable cutting the blocks at 9 3/4? It would fit perfect in that space.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I will consider it, thank you. Mario
      Sew sew sew.
      So? So? So?

Comment

The binding won't change the size of the quilt.

Comment

figure it out if all pieces were 1/2 inch smaller or even 1 inch. what sizes would that give and which would work better. If you pick one, then trim each one from center out, just like you were piecing it for the first time and all should fit. good luck.
          Last edited by nativetexan; August 20, 2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Are all your blocks sewn together? Don't forget it will shrink with steam allowances.

Comment

when you want to make them 1/2 inch smaller, just remember you trim 1/4 on all sides. then each one will then be 1/2 inch smaller. should work. let us know.
              i have one item i hang and it goes over the hall door trim a tiny bit. doesn't bother me though.

Comment

Working...
              X