Serious quilting dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious quilting dilemma

So, I was big-stitch hand-quilting this wallhanging that is going to be a gift to my brother-in-law and family, when I noticed one of the seams has come apart. I'm not sure what to do about it since it is already sandwiched and majority quilted. The bright blue piece is part of a block that is appliqued so I really cannot redo that. What do you recommend I do? I was thinking maybe fray-check and then fabric gluing it down? It is thankfully going to be a wallhanging so probably won't be washed. This happens to be one quilt I made from Joann's fabrics (and probably not their best quality) which I never do except maybe a few pieces here and there. Don't get me wrong; I love Joann's for things other than their quilting fabric. I'd appreciate your input. Thanks IMG_6501_2.jpgIMG_6500_2.jpg
    Attached Files
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

I use Fabric Tac for these hic-ups. If you get some applicator tips that are small you won't even see it!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Is there enough fabric you could turn it under even a little and then hand-stitch it? Then you could use the fraycheck to keep it from fraying further.

Comment

I would use fray check then turn the edge under and hand stitch it together. If you can't turn any under then just hand stitch it using your big stitches.

Comment

The advice above is great, however, you could get creative and use a decorative stitch on all of the seams that would just add interest to your wall hanging. Just a thought
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

You could fuse it with Stitch Witchery.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I would use steam a seam 1/4 inch tape to fuse the seam in place. Then stitch in place using either a matching thread or clear mono poly.

Comment

These are all great ideas! thank you! There is Not enough fabric to turn it under at all. The stitch witchery or steam a seam tape seems like it will be the best option. I do have clear thread and I could hand stitch on top of that.
                I am Sew Blessed!
                Alina

Comment

Can you applique something on top of it? I did that once. I had an intersection that after 3 times of ripping it out, it was fraying a lot. So, I ironed fusible on the back of some flowered fabric and fussy cut a flower then appliqued it down on top of the intersection. Everybody loved the flower!
                  Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                  X