Border question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Border question

20200801_163609.jpg Honest opinions...what do you think of this border? The quilt was designed with out one. It was a block of the month by Etna Star. It was expensive since I did the one with shapes already cut. It was a lot of applique. I want it bigger...too much money and time to have something like a wall hanging. I want it bigger but not take away from the work in the body of the quilt. Thanks for looking, Rachel 20200801_163914.jpg
    Last edited by Momofmonsters5; August 1, 2020, 08:08 PM.

I think I'd use the darker border. It seems give the quilt a framed looked.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I asked my bf and that's what he said. I'm going to use a dark green.

Do you have enough of one of the star colors to do a small( one to one & one half inch) inner border? Then a darker outer border with a star corner stone maybe. If you are short on her fabrics, I have lots. We could trade something if you like?
    sigpic

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I would love to trade. I have a huge stash, never what I need lol I'm open to any options.

His quilt is fantastic and his applique work looks great, as for the edge both KPH and Carolyn are right a dark color will make their incredible work shine more

Comment

Quilt is stunning!

Comment

I will send a PM, thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Also, I briefly looked at some of her fabrics, the Linen Texture line would work wonderfully. You could add some applique to the border also.
          sigpic

Comment

I was going to green too. It's beautiful!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I love her quilts and designs. Here's just a few suggestions for you to consider.

Do you have background fabrics left over? Add another row of the background fabrics matching the width of the sashing strips. This will add a nice rest or pause to the design. Mix and match the two shades for dimension.

Then add a one or two inch border around the quilt. Last, add the darker border. I think that aqua fabric was in my stash too. It felt light weight compared to other batiks. I didn't use it in large areas of quilts or borders.

Add cornerstones using floral or leaf design blocks. This connects the inside floral blocks to the borders.

Most of all, have fun with your quilt. It's beautiful!

Comment

I would use a narrow inner border and then a larger outer border. It’s beautiful!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

All suggestions above are great, just wanted to say how beautiful it is.
                  Vonnie

Comment

⬆ what Vonnie said. That is a beautiful quilt.

Comment

Gorgeous quilt, I agree that a border would be good, a small one then a larger one and if there are any applique shapes left I would add a group to one corner [or more]
                      I love her designs but that is one heck of a lot of work and expense. It is a treasure.

Comment

Thanks everyone, you're really great! I appreciate your suggestions.

Comment

I like the 2 border idea. Or maybe a wide one. I think matching the darker blue, or the darkest green. I think it will flow with the color scheme better then the light blue. Can't wait to see it finished
                          Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Working...
                          X