The "new" white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "new" white

I recently ordered two 4 yard cuts of white on white fabric from a company that I have shopped at for years and always been more than satisfied. This time when the order was received it was definitely not white. More of an eggshell color. I just assumed they got the order wrong and called. I was told that they no longer were able to get the bright white and this was the new white. Well, the new white just looks like a dirty white. They were very helpful in that they sent me a mailing label to return it. Has anyone else experienced this? Just today I re-ordered Kona White from M* and I hope it's really white.
    Thanks,
    evy

There are so many different shades of white, plus add different dye lots. It's a gamble.
    Katrina
    โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

I asked one of my fabric stores about white on white fabrics before. They sell a lot of it here in Hawaii because it can be printed with flowers etc. She said because of this it's usually a poly blend. You can get a true white on white.

That didn't answer your question, just a bit of triva.
      ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

I haven't used white on white for years. Because the last time I had some it seemed like it was some kind of thin rubbery stuff in a swirl or floral pattern on white background. I am a hq and trust me it was a b###h to quilt through that stuff!

Comment

I always buy Kona when I want solid colors or white. I've never been disappointed.

Comment

I have started doing Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender project using some white on white from a layer cake. I sure hope I can get more of something similar or it will be a short project.๐Ÿ™„ I have been making 4 patches from left overs for years, separated them into brights and dulls and am doing either cream or the w on w. The w on w might end up a very small quilt.๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Working...
            X