Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a favorite fabric designer/line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the one on the right maybe because I really like Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I have two of his books but I do find he's not in to quick cuts so there can be many pieces in his blocks - puts me off even starting but the results are (mostly) gorgeous

Comment

Lotta Jandotter https://www.jansdotter.com/about. I just love this style

Comment

Interesting question--I love Edyta Sitar's designs and fabrics; she is a true artist in her work. For the fabric lines, Moda always speaks to me. Always fresh and vital and great designs for all seasons.

Comment

Moda is my favorite! They are my go to. After is Robert Kaufman and Henry Glass. When I wanr nature my go to is Elizabeth designs? I like Patrick loose for blenders as well.

Comment

I love bright and cheerful/fun fabric. Me and My Sister, Lori Holt, Bonnie and Camille, reproduction 30's.
            When I first started quilting I bought a little of everything, Now I know what I like and what I don't like.

Comment

I don't have a favorite designer but I love Art Gallery Fabrics. They always have fabulous prints that seem so different from anyone else's. I guess you could say the most opposite of cookie cutter you can get. I despise Lori Holt fabrics and their cutesie-ness. But her patterns and books are just great, with excellent clear directions. So please don't hate me LH fans!

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                I don't have a favorite designer but I love Art Gallery Fabrics.
                Me too! I just bought some beautiful rayon. When it came it changed my mind on what to make with it. I need to do it justice. lol
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

• sydneybean
                  sydneybean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're ok. I love Lori Holt. I hate Kaffe Fassett . The one time I used it I thought it was sooo thin. I don't use batiks very often either. Not a fan.

My favorite designers are Tula Pink, Anna Maria Horner, Rae Ritchie, Kaffe Fassett (some, I don't care for the dull/dark stuff), and Rifle Paper Co. I like vibrant colors and "hero prints" with animals, people, houses, etc. I'm less attracted to fabric lines and designers that use more basic patterns and florals. Most of what Moda puts out just bores me. Free Spirit is more my style. Riley Blake has some hits, especially with their storybook lines like Wizard of Oz and Beauty & the Beast.

Comment

I love Tula Pink for her gorgeous colors and whimsy in designs. I love Kaifeng Fassett for the variety off design within a color palette. I love Grunge and Patrick Lose for blenders. I love Kanvas for the novelty of designs I would never use Kansas troubles because I love bright colors.

Comment

I like everything bright and colorful. I like batiks a lot but no specific designers, I like to browse and pick what pleases me. You can tell my style by my avatar, classical shapes but modern fabrics.
                    Sew sew sew.
                    So? So? So?

Comment

I am trying to branch out with color . I love any quilt that has shades of blue. I am not a big fan of Kassett or Tula Pink, although I have seen them used in quilts that were stunning. Its just not something I tend to choose. Moda is my favorite brand.

Most of the time I choose fabric and design with the person I am going to give it to in mind.

Comment

No Favorites here just as I have no favorite children or grandchildren. I love them all for different reasons. But when it comes to fabric...the way it feels is most important. I think Moda is consistently soft and Robert Kaufman too and Henry GLass.
                        I choose fabrics for color, contrast and feel. I made quilts for all of my grand children last Christmas (10 king sized) One of the GS's was not happy with his...I could see the look on his face. So, a month after Christmas I went to visit and took another quilt with me and said, "wpuld you like to trade me quilts?" His eyes lit up and he went and got his Christmas quilts. I asked what he didn't like about it...he told me it had too many flowers. I had to look. I hadn't noticed the prints, I had concentrated on color and contrast. The quilt he traded me for has become one of my favorites and I would never have made it for myself as it was greens, yellow-golds and oranges in a modified log cabin. So again...no favorites.
                        I love the surprise of how different fabrics and colors come together to make their own statements. I love how sometimes the addition of one accent color can override a boring pattern and make it shout out joyously.
                        Don't get me wrong, I respect all your gifts of perfect patterns but I love homely, scrappy quilts that are soft and cuddly.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

I love Deb Strain and Robert Kaufman. One says home to me and the other pizazz.
                          Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
                          "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

I like a lot of the lines sold at Fabricworm
                            https://www.fabricworm.com/

Comment

As of late my fav is Kaffe Fassett and Tula Pink. Not sure "why" because this is so off "left" field for me. Two years ago, I would have never even thought of purchasing a bright print like these....Love them.
                              th6TLM8DM9Friday.jpg
                              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                              X