Favorite Charm Pack quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Charm Pack quilts

Hi. I found some cute 5" charm packs - Kimberbell's Vintage Boardwalk fabric line , and am looking for a pattern that will allow for the fabric to be seen - I don't want the pieces to be cut up too small. What are your favorite patterns? I have looked online, and nothing is really striking me, so I need advice. Thanks! I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

A clamshell quilt would be fun in your fabrics. I saw a seaside theme one with lobsters etc. it was really cute. A tumbler would keep 95% of the square. tumbler chevron was one.

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...video-tutorial

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...quilt-tutorial

x's and o's
    https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...ting-tutorials
    Last edited by Hulamoon; July 10, 2020, 01:47 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Falling Charms would be perfect, and perfectly easy. Jenny has a tutorial on it.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Disappearing Nine Patch. Use the solids for the center, use the poka dots and stripes for the sides and the fabric you don't want chopped up use on the corners.

Very pretty fabric!
        Vonnie

Comment

I like the idea if falling charms , it is inw of the first quilts I had done from very long not sewing quilts. I really like it .

Comment

Jenny's patterns: Super Simple Hourglass quilt or All My X's. I have made both. The hourglass one is totally mix and match and you can use duplicate charm squares but for a scrappy look you don't need duplicates. Hourglass on the other hand you really need those X's to stand out and they are just four 5- inch squares snowballed so you need four identical 5 inch squares for each X. You usually get two duplicates in each charm pack so you would need at least two charm packs to make it come out so the X's have four of the same print. Hope I explained this right so you can follow?

Comment

Jenny's Super Simple Squares has become my go to for charm packs. Just finished one but it hasn't been to the quilter yet.

Comment

I love Falling charms and super simple squares! I also love disappearing 9 patch with my pretty printed charms on the 4 corners because they don’t get cut. I use plain charms in the other positions and one cute charm pack makes a nice size baby or lap quilt. I am about to start on a falling charms quilt using 1-1/2” strips for a baby quilt using some darling Matilda charms for a friend’s soon to arrive baby named... you guessed it MATILDA!

Comment

Working...
                X