Quilting on twister projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting on twister projects

I'm stumped, I've been trying to finish these little projects to send for my son. I have two coasters, a table topper and two what I call video game controller pads. They started out coasters but were too big.

I can't figure out how to quilt these. I'm over thinking I'm sure. Anyone who has done twister projects...how did you quilt them? Meander? 15940151492615147170093305948384.jpg

I meander/stipple my Twister projects. There are so many seams going off in different directions that nothing else makes sense to me. I don’t think you are overthinking it...sometimes we just need some input.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I made a Christmas stocking with the twister pattern. I quilted 1/4" away from the seam lines. It really highlighted the twister shapes. Sorry, I can't find the picture at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by clwetzel View Post
        I made a Christmas stocking with the twister pattern. I quilted 1/4" away from the seam lines. It really highlighted the twister shapes. Sorry, I can't find the picture at the moment.
        This is what I would do as well. Since they are small projects it shouldn't be that hard to handle.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

I’ve done small and large twister quilt projects and in order not to take away from the piecing, I just meandered.

Comment

I'm limited to straight line quilting, since my machine refused to go back to feed dogs up one time (now I'm scared to lower the feed dogs). I'd stitch in the ditch and echo outside the twisters.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Claire Hallman commented
              Editing a comment
              Instead of lowering the feed dogs you could set the stitch length at zero and the feed dogs won't be an issue.

I most frequently do an all-over, edge-to-edge FMQ design.

Comment

Working...
            X