Borders on only 2 sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borders on only 2 sides

i just finished sewing a quilt for our king size bed. The quilt is long enough but not really wide enough. Would it look weird to have borders only on the sides and not the top?
    Attached Files

Not a problem at all, specially if you are using it on a bed, the top would be covered by pillows.
    It is your quilt and you should do it any way you like, no quilt police here.
    That looks like the Cozy Quilt sequester quilt, I enjoyed doing that one and added a border all around [I had plenty of fabric] to make mine bigger.

Comment

I also say it is your quilt. sides only or sides and bottom or top. what ever look you want and fits well is what you do. Have fun!

Comment

I have seen sides and bottom a lot. Do you have enough fabric to do that?
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes, it is the Sewquestor quilt. It was a lot of sewing but I was pleased how it turned out. Some of the triangles lost their points but I don’t think it will bother us when we sleep. My squares didn’t turn out 9 1/2” even though I was sure my seams were correct.
          do you have photo to share with me, Claire?
          I do have lots of fabric but if I put it on all 4 sides it will really make,it long. We have a foot board which doesn’t help with a very long quilt. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

IMG_1293.JPGI didn't do it exactly like the pattern since I was too antsy to wait for all the videos. I enjoyed doing it and liked the way mine turned out.

Comment

If the quilt is going to be tucked in at the foot, it's not necessary to have a border there. I've seen quilts with borders on only 2 sides. It's your quilt to make the way you want it & how it works best for your situation.

Comment

Your quilt...your way!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                X