Crayola washable markers: Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crayola washable markers: Q

I want to mark my quilt top in sections before putting all the rows together but I might need to do additional pressing after I mark. Will the marks still come out later after I finish the whole quilt and wash it in the machine? I have not had any trouble with marks coming out in the past but I don't think I ironed over them.

Can you try it out on some extra blocks? I've used the markers on quilts....the marks wash out fine,but I've never ironed them.

Comment

Not knowing any better, I have ironed over my marks. Not just once either!! When I finished everything I just soaked the quilt for about an hour in the washing machine with room temp water & the 'delicate' setting agitation. Checked after it drained & was spun out & nothing remained. Then did a delicate wash before putting it on the dryer bars outside in a breezy area to dry. I didn't test first, but as I said- I didn't know any better.
      Good luck
      SVB

Comment

I have ironed over the marks many times. Never had any problem washing them out.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Very good question. I have a top that when I finish it, will need to be marked in advance. Are there any colors that won't wash out?
          I know that sometimes I have trouble getting yellow chalk out.
          Vonnie

Comment

Sew Very Easy did a test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ne4mCvIR0

The ink came out, even when ironed. She does recommend you do a test to be safe.

Comment

Do not iron over that yellow chalk, it will be there forever.😮

Comment

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
                Sew Very Easy did a test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ne4mCvIR0

The ink came out, even when ironed. She does recommend you do a test to be safe.
                I just read the comments below. One woman said she put hers up for a few weeks and when she washed it, the lines did not come out.

Maybe I will stick to the blue pen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ADzq8Onxs

Although I need something to mark blue fabric!
                Vonnie

Comment

• auntstuff
                  auntstuff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really? I left one for about 5 years, and it all washed out.

• jjkaiser
                  jjkaiser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Auntstuff, You had a 5 year old UFO? You naughty girl!!!!
              Working...
              X