Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Dotz on quilts, can you use?

Hi all,
    I have a quilt project in mind and was going to use rhinestones like I've used before, been looking at using Diamond Dotz. I saw them at my local Joanne's and thought I may be able to use with fabric glue. Can I?

Stay safe!
    Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

I had to google Diamond Dotz to even know what you were talking about......been in quarantine to long! Looks like an interesting product and my guess would be if you are going to use as a wall hanging that would not be washed often if ever, you would be ok. I personally would not use them on a quilt to cover up with that would need washing. Maybe buy one of the smaller kits and give it a try with what you have in mind and see what happens.
    Good luck

Comment

Just looked them up. They are having a 75% off flash sale right now. Very interesting stuff.
      Vonnie

Comment

well so far i'm not finding any info on using them on quilts that would be washed. and fabric glue if it doesn't wash out may work... but if not washing ever, i think it would be all right. not done that myself though.

Comment

Boy I don't know! I only recently heard about these things when my dd showed me a picture she was making with them. They are so tiny but very sparkly, like little crystals. I think fabric glue would wash out. But I also think those dot things are gonna be real dust catchers and won't sparkle after awhile when they get dusty. So your dilemna is wash it and risk all the crystals falling off or don't wash it and it will stop being pretty and shiny after awhile! Maybe you could call or email the company?

Comment

Idk if you ever worked with Diamond Dots before but my dd said after she finishes a section she goes over it with my wooden rolling pin to make sure everything is down tight.

Comment

Working...
            X