Quilting over raised seams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting over raised seams?

IMG_2757.JPG Hi all. I posted in another thread how I am making a crown royal quilt. Finally it is completed and ready to be taken to the quilt shop for quilting. Can anyone tell me if these gold raised seams will be a problem during quilting? It's about a 1/4". Could it snag on the needle? Any tips? I never even thought about it till tonight.

I don't have an answer for that, but i thought of you watching the riots on TV. Someone was talking to a reporter and he was wearing a Crown Royal mask. It was pretty cool looking. hee-hee
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Saqqara
      Saqqara commented
      Editing a comment
      It's funny you mentioned the mask. While most of the bags are cotton a few of the large bags had some kind of poly blend in them. When I would press them I had too use a pressing cloth, and the fumes gave me a headache.....lol

The quilt shop probably has a spoon foot (some brands call it a glide foot) which should be able to go over it. Is it a 1/4 inch wide or raised that much? If raised that much, maybe they can quilt around it. I just quilted over some Hard Rock Cafe designs which were raised but not that much. Honestly, best thing is to take it to the c shop and talk to the hem.

Comment

Yes, be sure to talk to the quilter, They'll no doubt bring it up if it's a problem.

From what I've seen watching the long-arm operator, it most likely won't be a problem but will require closer scrutiny while the machine is running. It's not the height so much, as quilting machines employ a hopping foot. The density will be more of a problem. I don't know how easily a needler penetrates the "bead."
      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I just saw a mask like that on pinterest. I also wondered how the royal crown quilt was coming along.

Comment

It is finished!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            What do you plan to use for backing?

Oh, that turned out great!

Comment

I am just using a purple backing fabric. I used the remaining bags for shams. All I have left are the sides of the bags which I will use for binding.

Comment

Working...
            X