Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can quilted squares that are crocheted together be washed or must they be dry-cleaned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurelisse
    commented on 's reply
    I'll let you and everyone know how things are as I go along. With pictures!

• nativetexan
    replied
    well, laid out flat would probably be best. if it comes out of the wash looking fine, then it should be good to go without that. I'm still waiting on someone to comment who has done a quilt like this. i haven't.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    http://fannyludesigns.com/high-tea-c...uilt-tutorial/ a direct link to the tutorial.

• Eurelisse
    commented on 's reply
    It'll work out eventually.

Hi from New York!

• Eurelisse
    commented on 's reply
    So you're saying that it has to be blocked after each wash?

• Eurelisse
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!

I'm aware of High Tea because I kept analyzing it. lol Good tip on Aunt Lydia. My fabrics are all pre-washed (flannel 2x). I think that there will be enough tension among all of the crochet stitches to hold them together. I think. Each side will have 22 holes for blanket stitches for the crochet base. I'm just starting it so I won't have an answer for awhile.

This blanket will be for my granddaughter and the next will be mine. Here's the pattern:

https://cottageflair.co.nz/product/p...-a-rose-quilt/

• nativetexan
    replied
    I have searched and searched but cannot find an answer to this. I would think it could but most likely would need to be laid out and blocked to dry flat. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Murphy224
    replied
    Welcome to the board. The only thing I would suggest is to pre-wash and dry your fabrics and the flannel BEFORE you crochet together. If you are using Aunt Lydia's cotton crochet thread, it says not to dry clean. So my thought would be with the fabrics pre-washed you would have not problems machine washing after it is made. I don't know for sure but don't think the thread would tear the fabric.
    With all that said, I have on my bucket list a crochet quilt like you describe. Haven't made it yet but think it is just lovely. Here is a link to the one I am so intrigued by.....
    Okay everyone! This long time anticipated crochet quilt tutorial is finally available! (happy jig!) My friend Tiffany of Fanny Lu Designs took the time to put together the most thorough and detaileā€¦

Leave a comment:

• Teen
    replied
    Sorry..I can't answer your question but welcome from Idaho!

Leave a comment:

• Can quilted squares that are crocheted together be washed or must they be dry-cleaned.

The reason I ask is because I'm beginning to cut out squares for this project. I just remembered that my dry cleaner refused to clean a red, linen, dress because the chemicals would dull the colors.

My quilt fabric will be regular cotton on both sides and will have flannel in the middle.

Another reason why I'm asking is that the pattern calls for #10 thread to crochet the blocks together. Is this so thin as to tear through the fabrics during a wash? I'm making it for my granddaughter and it will be easier for her to wash than to dry clean.

Thank you.

Eurelisse
Working...
X