Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine patch on point

Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

I am working on this nine patch on point quilt and my question is when sewing the blocks together should I press the seams open or to the side. Where the points of the nine patch meet the seams are bulky. I don’t want the long arm quilter to have a problem when quilting the quilt. Also same question when sewing the rows together. I read the instructions in the Block magazine and also watched Jenny’s video and neither one say the best way to press the seams. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quilter-58, as a general rule, to avoid bulkiness where several seams meet, press them open. When sewing blocks together, alternate the pressing: one row of blocks with the seams pressed to the right, and for the next row of blocks, press seams to the left. Then they should "nest" when the rows are sewn together.

Comment

Thank you am2901. I sewed the blocks and made 2 rows. Judging from this I think when I get ready to sew rows together the seams will also have to pressed open too. I appreciate your advice. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X