Calling scrappy quilters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling scrappy quilters

I started organizing scraps by color today...boy an I finding treasures!! I've always wanted to do a colorway scrappy quilt. My question...I have five kids, they are all grown now so i have tons of kids prints, just waiting on grandbabies!! When you do a scrappy do you exclude those fabrics to be a more adult scrappy? I did one other one and used the kid fabrics, just wondering what others do?

Funny I was also going to make an ugly quilt, my 17 year old sews...finally out of five i have one! All the fabric I think is ugly, she likes, go figure. She's moving soon and I'm starting her out fully stocked with everything she needs, after she goes through my fabric I'll try the ugly challenge again. Thanks in advance!

For me, Excluding kids prints depends on the scrappy sizes I will be using. I don't typically include them but, instead, make a kid scrappy, which I likely donate. I love rolling around in my stash and finding treasures...
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much! I'll be doing 2 1/2 inch squares, I want to do like Jenny's granny square quilt. A pink block, red, blacks, blues and so on. I will exclude them. I have one granddaughter, I've made her 5 quilts. Glad she loves them!!

Check out Red Pepper Quits. She does a lot of small pieces and uses anything and everything. If you remember in the Ugly quilt video she said just keep cutting it down. When you cut it that small you pretty much can't tell what it is.

https://www.redpepperquilts.com/
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you notice the corners of her finished quilt? I had not seen that before but I kind of like it

OMG! I’m planning a scrappy colorway quilt, too. I spent several hours this week cutting strips and sorting by color. I’m planning a liberty star quilt with 1.75” diamonds, and I do plan on including some from all the fabrics in my stash (including the few kid fabrics I have, and all my Christmas fabric). The only fabrics I plan on excluding are my neutrals. I figure with such a small piece size, I can fussy cut to feature the color, and de-emphasize the pattern. We’ll see how it turns out...this will be my first scrappy quilt AND my first EPP project...

Comment

You could try this one: http://www.bordercreekstation.com/th...lenge-2020.htm
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
      X