Ugly quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly quilt

Has anyone made the Ugly Quilt yet ? Was just wondering if anyone else made it & how it turned out.
    Kathy

I have the squares cut out, but I haven't sewed anything together yet. I'm still putting the finishing touches on a baby quilt, then I'll get to it -- hopefully later this week.

Comment

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok..splain to the uneducated here...what exactly is the 'ugly' quilt?? Did I miss a tutorial or something?? C'mon, don't leave a girl out in the cold!

sage..crone of questions.

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind..I think I found it..several people put some links in below. I've seen the 'get it done quilt' tutorial before..just had to be reminded. So ..thanks anyway..I have found my way out of the dark!! Thanks!

Sage..crone of light at the end of the tunnel

I'm planning on starting one. Maybe tomorrow, since I'll be stuck home waiting for my washer and dryer to show up.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I only just watched her video this morning. I've seen that technique before, just don't know if I'm brave enough not to match fabrics😱I could meet half way and get out all my Hawaiian fabrics. Some people think they're ugly. lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm just curious. I have lots of ugly leftovers,but most of them are dark. Kind of reluctant to start cutting & sewing for fear of something really ugly developing. So I thought I would ask who else did this.

Comment

It's called the Wonky Nine Patch. But the ugly quilt is way easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have "read" the MSQ forum for years, but this will be my first post. I saw the post and video for the "Ugly Quilt" just last week and I thought it was a great idea for using up some of my fabric that just wasn't quite right for anything else. I have all the blocks done and up on my design wall. I started with 15" squares and squared up to 13 1/2" (24 blocks total). I want to get more on the width...maybe try a 1/2 block. All-in-all, I think it looks great for being 12 different mixed-matched fabrics of different colors and patterns. Definately not a show quilt, but will be great for a picnic!

Comment

• 201 Treadler
            201 Treadler commented
            Editing a comment
            welcome t'forum 👋
            sounds very colourful, 😁
            more room for fabric now used those pieces👍

• SagedCrone
            SagedCrone commented
            Editing a comment
            WELCOME!!!

I haven't had the time to look at the Ugly Quilt video but I took the time just now. Hmmm oh the ideas that have come into my head.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing. I have a lot of Asian fabrics. They are all beautiful, but there is no real pattern to use them all. Then there are all the polka dots. Why did I buy so many polka dots? lol

Oh Lorie, those Asian fabrics sound beautiful. This might be the place to use them. And make a polka dot quilt while you are at it.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Definitely, need to have a Show Tell after this project. Ought to be some great quilts.

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
              Oh Lorie, those Asian fabrics sound beautiful. This might be the place to use them. And make a polka dot quilt while you are at it.
              I got out all my Asian fabric and I have more than 12 to get the lights and darks. I just need to clear off my table!

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                Ohhh can't wait to see what it looks like.

I have my stack squared up and ready to make my first slice. Oh the jitters! lol... really, my wrist is not happy right now so I'm giving it a break. I have a huge stack on the sofa, that I've cut up. I've saved a few Christmas fabrics that I liked that I'll use for something else. I have less that one box to reorganize and put in the closet.

I am using a weight on my ruler to help keep it from sliding. We'll see how it goes.

Katrina

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Hulamoon commented
                Editing a comment
                I got mine squared up too. But when I looked at my Asian fabrics (like your Christmas) I decided to go with the Hawaiian. I think I need a new blade though. Yikes!

Warning, warning, warning, Will Robinson....

Have mercy... have a brand new blade, something to hold the ruler down and I still had trouble getting through the seams of the blocks. By the time I did the last cut I was glad that was done!

I'm not going to try to do the final squaring today.
              Katrina

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Hulamoon commented
                Editing a comment
                I looked for a 60mm cutter online and geeze $52.00? I found one for $32 and they shipped it within the hour (on Ebay). I want to hug them. lol

• MSN
                MSN commented
                Editing a comment
                Amazon has them for less than $20. Though your fast shipping is worth something, too.

Where can I find the Ugly Quilt video?
              Carlie

Comment

Originally posted by CarlieBlilie View Post
                Where can I find the Ugly Quilt video?
                Here's the written version. Someone will come along and post the video

https://3a25b504-70e7-4585-bb96-f504...65908c2c98.pdf

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePQz1eN5Ko&t=557s
                Last edited by Hulamoon; May 13, 2020, 07:32 PM.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                X