How to figure out what fabric!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to figure out what fabric!

I thought I had more than enough of a solid red in my stash, but of course, I could use more. There is nothing n the selvage to give me a clue as to which manufacturer or which solid red! I thought I bought it at Missouri Star, but it is not in my history--I might have not signed in and bought it quickly! Any ideas on how to figure this out? I think Moda always has their name on the selvage. The selvage is very tightly woven and almost invisible. I hate to having to start buying reds just to matchit. HELP ANy idea on how to ID this would be helpful

with the strange world we now live in, it may be easier to send a small off cut with a request to match it and how much would like, would they do it am not sure, perhaps email or phone up to ask.
    a photo may show up different colour red, although am curious which project your doing?
    can you add another shade of red or patterned red as a designer choice?
    my fingers are crossed for you.😀

Comment

Did you buy this with other fabrics? If you bought it with something else, does that jog your memory? Is there red on those selvages that would work?
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Did you buy it on line? If so do you have a confirmation email? Or - even search "red" in your 'Start' menu - sometime works for me. Good luck

Comment

The line called Wilmington Reds has quite alot so you might start there. I used to save the packing slip and cut a sliver off the fabric and tape it to the slip until I finished the project. Method worked great until MSQC discontinued the packing slip but you can still do it for orders from other places. Saves lots of headaches if you run short and have to reorder a piece.

Comment

Do you ever buy from connecting threads? I have some yardage solid from the with salvages like that. It was before they offered other brands.

Comment

Working...
            X