Purple glue permanent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple glue permanent?

I had some white glue sticks that say re positional but one purple glue stick that does not. I made my table runner and turned it right side out and hand stitched and didn't like it, so snipped that and did use the purple glue on it a bit. Seems to stay but i added better hand stitches. now it is closed. just wondering if this is permanent does that mean i can sew on it if need be or not? I'm thinking not. That may not be a problem since it's right on the edge.
    Last edited by nativetexan; May 2, 2020, 09:54 PM.

Does the label show if it is washable or permanent? Is the glued area hard? If so, I wouldn't stitch over it as it might break the needle.

I use the purple glue stick too and sew the seam after it dries. Mine says washable on the label. If I need to reposition something, I just spray the area with water and the fabrics come apart. Hope that helps!

Comment

they are Scotch brand and the re positional ones say nothing about washable. neither does the purple one. i have another stick that says let dry 90 seconds. that may have said washable. i don't usually use glue. I was just wondering. i don't intend to sew near the edges so shouldn't encounter any problems. I wish they would put more information on products though.

Comment

Here you go!

https://www.scotchbrand.com/3M/en_US...4603640&rt=rud

Comment

hmmm, great for paper based projects. not fabric evidently. now why did I buy all this glue? I hardly ever thought of using it. this time it did fine but i've not tried stitching through it. didn't intend on that this time anyway. thanks.

Comment

I use a washable purple glue stick by Elmer's. It is also disappearing. It dries soft and I stitch over it. I prefer doing my binding by hand but have been trying to improve my machine binding. I use it mostly for binding, especially the corners.

Comment

Working...
            X