New layer cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New layer cake

I bought the daily deal layer cake, Briarwood tiles a few weeks ago intending to make Jenny's Carpenter's star but not sure now. It has three of each print but several of the prints are the same design in different colors. Does anyone have a better idea of how to use this beautiful fabric? I did buy a yard of each the stripe and big berry print.

What about the quatrafoil?
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Beautiful fabric...I don't know what the pattern is called but for that fabric I would do the tutorial where the quilt is of a bunch quarter square triangles. It's a Jenny tutorial. I did it years ago and it turned out great. It was fast. My phone is coming this week or I'd take a picture today.

Comment

Check out Jenny's Building Blocks tutorial and pattern. Extremely easy to do and will showcase the fabric. I cut, sewed together, and pressed all 42 blocks in about an hour and half. I think the secret is to not "disturb" the layer cake before cutting. I unwrapped and gently lifted 4 or 5 squares off and cut so I didn't have to line up edges. Much faster, also chain pieced.

Comment

Working...
        X