Help Identify Mystery Quilt Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identify Mystery Quilt Blocks

My sister and I have decided to tackle a few of my mom's unfinished projects and have a quilt mystery. Does anyone know what quilt pattern is started here? The green and white are the same width. The little u shaped pieces are the most confusing - they are not remnants/cut offs from blocks but intentional based on the number of them. Anyone have any idea what these could go with? Easiest answer would be to ask my mom but unfortunately she passed away several years ago.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Those look like the ends of strip sets after she cut what was needed for her project

Comment

I agree. They are sewn together so it's not a chaining. I would even off the white parts and see what interesting project you could make with it!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes, they look like the remnants of strip sets for 9 patch blocks.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thank you all for your replies! Much appreciated. ♥

Comment

Those are pieces to make 3 dimensional bow ties. Open the pieces and put the larger pieces together. You will see the "tie" of the bow tie pop up. Then you sew the two larger pieces together and you have a bow tie block! This design was very popular some years ago.
            texastopaz

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Those are pieces to make 3 dimensional bow ties. Open the pieces and put the larger pieces together. You will see the "tie" of the bow tie pop up. Then you sew the two larger pieces together and you have a bow tie block! This design was very popular some years ago.
              I thought 'that's an interesting guess' Here's a tute for that.

https://www.generations-quilt-patter...ilt-block.html

Welcome to the forum by the way 😎
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

• riesjackie@yahoo.com
                [email protected] commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for posting that tutorial for her. That pattern was available quite a number of years ago. I remember seeing a baby quilt at a baby shower done in that pattern and I had to find out how to make the blocks! That's how I recognized it right away.

LOLThank you for the welcome. I realized that my post has my email address, so I will have to change it to a cute user name instead. I should have caught it earlier...LOL

OH WOW!!!!! Thank you so much!!! Wow!

Comment

• riesjackie@yahoo.com
                [email protected] commented
                Editing a comment
                Have fun with those blocks. You are welcome!

This is a nice site for reference. Thanks for sharing. And canoemn, good luck with your quilt!

Comment

Working...
              X