Sew Sassy thread by Superior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sew Sassy thread by Superior?

I just got an email for a sale on it. I was wondering if you have used it before? I was thinking it might be interesting to try out on this up-coming project. Any cons on it?

https://www.superiorthreads.com/thre...dqa0oifQ%3D%3D

squares.jpg
    Maybe a lighter or darker color on each of the squares?
    🌺 Lorie

Sorry I cannot help on the thread issue. But I just have to say this is really a great modern quilt!!!

Comment

I've never tried that one, but have been happy with all of the other Superior threads I've used. 12 weight is pretty thick compared to regular thread. If you do use it you may have to use a bigger needle to keep the thread from shredding.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
        I've never tried that one, but have been happy with all of the other Superior threads I've used. 12 weight is pretty thick compared to regular thread. If you do use it you may have to use a bigger needle to keep the thread from shredding.
        Good reminder!

I found a good article (looking for needle size) about 12 wt. She suggests 90, then in the comments area someone used the Sew Sassy and superior recommended 100. I couldn't find where they said that. I guess I'll try both.

https://suzyquilts.com/machine-quilt...-12-wt-thread/
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have used it and have 100 needles specifically for it. It is thick. I use it for appliqué as it really stands out. I don't know how it would work for quilting. I think you would have to go really slow. Because it is so thick, the spools have a lot less length than the normal spools so be sure to pay attention to that. I think they have have a sample pack you could order and try it out before committing to it. I do like it but again, to date I just use it when I want something to stand out on appliqué.
          Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
            I have used it and have 100 needles specifically for it. It is thick. I use it for appliqué as it really stands out. I don't know how it would work for quilting. I think you would have to go really slow. Because it is so thick, the spools have a lot less length than the normal spools so be sure to pay attention to that. I think they have have a sample pack you could order and try it out before committing to it. I do like it but again, to date I just use it when I want something to stand out on appliqué.
            Wow great info, thanks! That might make this project easier. I can do the designs on the squares before I sew everything together. This thread sounds like something I could get addicted to like metallic. ooo I just had an idea!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Here is the link to the needle size reference for superior threads: https://storage.googleapis.com/vw-su...ence-guide.pdf
              They do recommend a #100/16 topstitch needle, and using masterpiece or so fine in the bobbin.

I hope you'll post a picture of how this turns out. I'm dangerously close to being a thread junkie!
              Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
              🙄

Comment

Working...
              X