Memory Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Quilt

I want to make a memory quilt using my mom’s clothes who just passed away. Where do I begin? What kind of stabilizer do I need? Can y’all show me what y’all made?

Denise, I am so sorry to here of your mother's passing. Sending prayers to you.
    I have never stabilized anything but t shirt type material in a quilt. Cotton doesn't need to be stabilized. Why type fabric are you working with?
    Last edited by TMP; April 9th, 2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I am so sorry you lost your mom. I have not made any memory quilts but others here have. I am sure you will get some good advice from them.

Comment

Denise, I am very sorry for your loss. I haven't made a moe Roy quilt, but if mostly cottons and cotton/poly, I would follow your favorite pattern. Maybe teddy bears if there are grandchildren. I know others will offer you great advise.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
          Denise, I am so sorry to here of your mother's passing. Sending prayers to you.
          I have never stabilized anything but t shirt type material in a quilt. Cotton doesn't need to be stabilized. Why type fabric are you working with?

Thank you. she has a variety of fabric, some mixed

Comment

Working...
          X