Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton+Bamboo Batting

Hullo Quilty Friends,
    Hope you are staying safe and sane in these crazy times. I am trying :-)
    I am looking for batting advice. I have used Warm & Natural or Warm & White in the past. Now that I am at the end of my roll, I want to try Silk or Bamboo.
    Have you used Cotton+Bamboo (50% cotton + 50% bamboo) batting? What has been your experience?
    Hugs from far.
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

I have used 100% bamboo. I don't know hat brand it was, as I bought a roll of it. I find it softer than cotton, although once it is sandwiched you can't touch it. It drapes well. I haven't tried silk be use of cost, but i do plan on giving it a try once I run out of all my battings.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

My daughter found a roll of bamboo batting marked down really cheap and gave it to me. I am sorry I don't remember the brand name . I loved it! It gave the quilt a nice feeling. I normally also use Warm and Natual. I have never used silk batting and actually I never seen it for sale. I am curious as to what people have to say about silk batting.

Comment

I used the brand Simply Bamboo once for a quilt. It was 100% bamboo, so no cotton. It had a beautiful drape but extremely linty to work with. I wouldn’t use it again for this reason. Maybe mixed with cotton it wouldn’t be so linty.

Comment

I have used a cotton/bamboo blend. It was some time ago so I don't remember the brand. The quilt I used it for feels very light and a bit thinner than just cotton but equally as warm (in my opinion). I actually really like the feel of it.
          This is the quilt that I take with me when I travel as I find hotel rooms and ship cabins cool when I'm reading or stitching due to the air conditioning. Since it is lighter than my other quilts, it doesn't add much weight to my luggage either.
          Maria

Comment

Working...
          X