What type of thread for piecing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of thread for piecing?

What type of thread is best for piecing a quilt top? All of my fabrics are 100% cotton. Thanks in advance for any help.
    ~ Ginny

For piecing as long as it's not showing on the right side I just use up a lot of my extra colored already wound bobbins
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I usually use a poly. But I use up regular thread on my serger. lol

Since this got brought up, Superior and Connecting threads aren't shipping right now. I think I might buy an assorted pack of Gutterman on Amazon. I like their thread.
      Lorie
      🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

Thanks for the help. I used to make a quilt for each of my two daughters on their birthday every year. But I haven't quilted in over 10 years until this past summer because until last year I had a full time job. My neice wanted two quilts for her baby. I made a sports themed one. And then I also made a bubble quilt themed rainbow colors with cow spots. It was the first and last bubble quilt I will ever make. 🤣 I've always just used a matching colored thread. Just wondered if cotton or polyester or a blend of the two was stronger and which would hold the quilt together the longest.

Thanks yall ~ Ginny

Comment

Ginny, I want to welcome you to the forum so Welcome from northern California! This forum is full of friendly folk who can answer your quilting questions. Regarding thread, I think its a personal preference. I use Aurifil thread for my piecing and my quilting. It is 100% cotton and the lowest lint I've found which is good since I don't have to stop and clean my machine as often. (It's also pricey though.)

Jeannette

Comment

• GinRucker
            GinRucker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jeannette! I'm here in southern Oklahoma! I sure appreciate any help or advice from fellow quilters!😁

Masterpiece from Superior Threads is my go to for piecing but like Carlie, a lot of time I just try to use up my partial bobbins.
          Debbie

Comment

Working...
          X