What type of thread for piecing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of thread for piecing?

What type of thread is best for piecing a quilt top? All of my fabrics are 100% cotton. Thanks in advance for any help.
    ~ Ginny

For piecing as long as it's not showing on the right side I just use up a lot of my extra colored already wound bobbins
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I usually use a poly. But I use up regular thread on my serger. lol

Since this got brought up, Superior and Connecting threads aren't shipping right now. I think I might buy an assorted pack of Gutterman on Amazon. I like their thread.
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Thanks for the help. I used to make a quilt for each of my two daughters on their birthday every year. But I haven't quilted in over 10 years until this past summer because until last year I had a full time job. My neice wanted two quilts for her baby. I made a sports themed one. And then I also made a bubble quilt themed rainbow colors with cow spots. It was the first and last bubble quilt I will ever make. 🤣 I've always just used a matching colored thread. Just wondered if cotton or polyester or a blend of the two was stronger and which would hold the quilt together the longest.

Thanks yall ~ Ginny

Comment

Ginny, I want to welcome you to the forum so Welcome from northern California! This forum is full of friendly folk who can answer your quilting questions. Regarding thread, I think its a personal preference. I use Aurifil thread for my piecing and my quilting. It is 100% cotton and the lowest lint I've found which is good since I don't have to stop and clean my machine as often. (It's also pricey though.)

Jeannette

Comment

• GinRucker
            GinRucker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jeannette! I'm here in southern Oklahoma! I sure appreciate any help or advice from fellow quilters!😁

Masterpiece from Superior Threads is my go to for piecing but like Carlie, a lot of time I just try to use up my partial bobbins.
          Debbie

Comment

Working...
          X