Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with your comments regarding odor being unrelated to safety. However, some folks have respiratory issues that can be triggered by aerosols.

• oldmanquilts
    replied
    Originally posted by Tressa View Post
    Can anyone suggest a temporary spray adhesive? I do have one but are they all have dangerous odors, etc?
    Odors associated with a product like this is not dangerous as such, nor is it a measure of how dangerous the product is, or isn't. IE: the stinkier
    it is, the more dangerous it is is not true. The odor associated with aerosols is simply the out-gassing of the solvent's and carriers that make paints and adhesives sprayable. The tests for harmful effects are extremely stringent. If they were a health risk they wouldn't be for sale to the public.

That being said, use common sense when using. Air movement and ventilation will keep the odor at bay and reduce most effects to stinky smells. The overspray? It's so heavy and dense it falls from the sky before landing on everything. I control it by spreading floor paper down and having it a foot or so bigger on all sides.

Leave a comment:

• quiltingaway
    replied
    I use 505 as well but I use it in the garage with the door open.

Leave a comment:

• MaggieSue
    replied
    I am a 505 user too. I am able to use it, in the garage!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tressa
    replied
    Thanks I will give that a try

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied
    I use 505 and to me, it has little to no odor

Leave a comment:

• Tressa
    started a topic Spray adhesive

Spray adhesive

Can anyone suggest a temporary spray adhesive? I do have one but are they all have dangerous odors etc?
    thanks
Working...
X