Irish Change quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Change quilt

I want to change the size of the quilt block from a 10 inch to a 7 inch. I have a panel that has 7 inch blocks that would really look great in this quilt. I just don't know what size to make the other block (the chain block). Can anyone help me with this? I'm just not coming up with them and have been trying ever since the tutorial came out.

I just calculated it and if you do a 3" center block and 1 1/2" strips on sides it would work out to 7". When Jenny did the 10" block, her strip cuts added up to 12", but 10" after all sewn together. With 3" center and 1 1/2" strips on sides, the cut size adds up to 9" and sewn size is 7" block. You can test it with scraps. Anyone please correct me if you think that is wrong.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Comment

I just love quilting people. Thank you so much for your quick reply to my question. I will definitely do what you suggest and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Comment

Love quilting people & 'specially the folks here. If you need to know, ask. If you already know give suggestions. Gina

Comment

Another option would be to add coordinating strips around your "pictures" to make them 10"

Comment

I added the fabric and it turned out perfectly. Thank you for you help.

Comment

Working...
            X