Memory Pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Pillow

Aloha everyone it’s been awhile. I have a question. I am currently making 3 memory quilts for a customer her dad was a size 3x size. She wanted her quilts 6” squares 40 x 60 which I’ve done. But.... I have so much fabric squares left over some squares are cut already and some shirts are not mostly backs of the shirts. Is there a pattern that I can make with the rest of the shirts and 6” squares like a pillows or something . Mahalo.
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Aloha! long time no see! How about you cut them down to 5'' to be charm squares?✂ Then you have a ton of choices made from that size.
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Yes it’s been too long. Between my 3 jobs plus my orders don’t have tome to breathe. But hopefully I’m back. Lol. Good idea. I wanted to maybe do pillows for her but can I make from 5” squares?
      sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

It sounds like your not into precuts. lol M* has so many tutes using them, plus all the other independent designers out there. Not all tutorials will make a good pillow though. Here are the M* ones.

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...5%22%20squares
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

No I’m into precuts I was mainly looking for pillow patterns that I can use the 5” squares I have tons of them.
          sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

I didn't take time to look, but I know Donna Jordan has done some tutorials on making pillow covers.

Comment

Oh, I get it now. Pillows are pretty easy. It depends on the closure you want to do , there are so many!

Comment

• AlohaSandy
                AlohaSandy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you. Looks like my problem is solved. I met with customer last night to give her one of her quilts I finished and explained about how much I had left so she ordered 5 more 6 if I have enough fabric lol. Life is great. !!!
            Working...
            X