Question pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question pattern

422241FC-8762-41A8-9F8B-C0B4977C3C5D.jpeg Hi everyone, long time no see....
    it has been a hard time around here and a happy time. The happy is that I became a grandma and loving it. First grandchild was born last November.
    Hard time is that my sweet dad past away last January
    still not over that shock.
    But, there is always quilting to help!
    in the future I want to make my grandson a memoryquilt of my dad’s clothing and make one for me. Now did I fell in love with a pattern on Pinterest
    anyone here that knows that pattern??
    I just love it!!!
    It is called Twilights Stars

Hope you all are doing great. Good to look around a bit on this brand new Forum.

Much love,
    Klasien
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Welcome back. Happy for the grandchild to quilt for. The pattern looks like a star with a sixteen patch in the center alternating with hourglass blocks. This pattern truly lends itself for a memory quilt. Sorry for your loss. Maybe making the quilt will ease your soul.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

You'll find the pattern in this book: https://www.amazon.com/At-Home-Count.../dp/1604681454 (scroll thru the images, I believe it's the last one)

but if you're feeling adventurous, the star block could be made with Jenny's tutorial "4 patch star" and then the alternating blocks are simple quarter triangle squares.

Welcome back!

Comment

• Klasien
        Klasien commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. That might work. Math for the blocks should be doable. The blocks are 8”

boy, that is a good find! lovely quilt.

Comment

It's a beautiful quilt! I was thinking the same as Caroline T
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Life sure is bittersweet isn't it. So sorry about your dad. I saw your name pop up and had to welcome you back!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Welcome back. Good to hear from you. Sorry about your dad, but big congrats on the grand baby.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X