tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tutorials

Just wondering if there are any tutorials on stippling? I'm trying to relax and do a small area, but, can't seem to get the hang of making those pretty stippling designs?? Any help or suggestions??
    Thank you,
    nannanna

Re: tutorials

I haven't seen any here, but you might try YouTube. I did stippling on a quilt but I hand quilted that time. I used a stencil I bought to mark the quilt to use as a guide.
    Shelia

Comment

Thank you, I'll look and see if I can find any on UTube.

Comment

Try practicing with pencil on paper. I do this before I quilt anything...it gives my brain and hands time to remember the moves. The more you practice, the better your quilting.

Happy Sewing,
        Rae

Comment

Texsam, I'd love to see something hand stippled. Do you have a picture?
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

hand stippling would be a heck of lot easier than machine stippling for me. I have been practicing on the machine and happy to say, there is some improvement!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
              Texsam, I'd love to see something hand stippled. Do you have a picture?
              I made three snowmen quilts (my first quilt) and did the stippling by hand on one of them. I have a picture here of my aunt's but her's was done by a longarm quilter. I will try to get my sister to take a picture of her's since that's the one I quilted by hand. I didn't take any pictures at the time I made them-I don't know what I was thinking.
              Shelia

Comment

I haven't seen any good video tutorials on stippling, I guess it's hard to film and stitch at the same time.

This tutorial from Oh Frannson! is really clear and detailed. No video but lots and lots of photos. Hope it helps x
                Quilting through the dull times
                northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks jr, for the link to the great tute. I'm wrestling with the middle of a twin-plus quilt... it's a few months since I did anything this large, and I'd forgotten how hard it is to do the very center! Really a work out, but this tute shows a different pattern to the overall quilting than I've used before. Seems to minimize working with the center, so I may change gears and give it a try.

I agree that practice really pays off... I don't do too much with mini sandwiches, but I notice each quilt is better than the one before, which is "so gratifying", as Jenny would say.
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                  X