X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Navas
    replied
    Re: Tied Quilt

I've seen quilts tied with both embroidery floss and with yarn but my preference is crochet thread.

Leave a comment:

• stitching woman
    replied

Love the curved needles for tying a quilt, it seems to speed up the process for me.

Leave a comment:

• jimmysid26
    replied

The size of needle should be large that can sew the tieing of quilt fully well without any damage. In other word it should cross from onside to another side of tiring.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Ahhh, thanks for this hint! I just found out tonight that a tied quilt is in my near future. I have some of the curved needles, but never used them for these, but I will on this one.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• kahillusm
    replied

Yes, curved needle shaped like a U.

Leave a comment:

• sewsoft
    replied

Is the curved needle that you are referring to shaped like a U ?

Leave a comment:

• kahillusm
    replied

There is a curved needle you can buy for tieing your quilt and I used 6 stands of embordiery floss instead of yarn, like that better than yarn. I tied my first quilt. Sue

Leave a comment:

• Tslave57
    replied

Thanks. It will be a while before I get it finished, but I'll definitely post a picture when I do.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Teresa, I have made a couple of tied quilts. You really just need a needle with a big enough eye for the yarn to go through. They are so fun and a bit quicker than a traditional quilt and kids love them.
    DD's still have the tied quilts my Grandmother made for them, and they are treasured.
    Good luck and looking forward to pictures.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Tslave57
    started a topic Tied Quilt

Tied Quilt

I am going to try my hand at tieing a quilt this time, but didn't know what size needle to get? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Teresa
Working...
X