Help with a Rag quilt and a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a Rag quilt and a newbie

Hi again, oops!! I am still learning hoe to use this site!!! I posted my question under Help with a pillow soo sorry! you all are so great, and understanding!! maybe you could check out what I wrote there and then help me?? I have to go for a few to take care of my ill husband, I'll be back shortly!!
    thanks and God Bless jan
    Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
    THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
    :lol:

Re: Help with a Rag quilt and a newbie

Hi Jan! Welcome to MSQC
    Have you discovered the video tutorials yet? If you haven't, what a treat you have in store for you!
    There is one that will help you tons with your rag quilt and here's the link for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/missouriquilt...17/W0UQgeol-Zk
    If you use flannel squares for the back, the same size as your minkee squares for the front, you will get a much larger quilt and your snipped seam allowances will fray better with the flannel too.
    In case you don't see it, if you click on the square on the bottom right of the video, it's 4 arrows-- each pointing to a corner, while it's playing you will get a full screen view instead of the little screen.
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Re: Help with a Rag quilt and a newbie

Thank you Lola for responding to my tread. I don't have minky squares (wish I did! love that minky!!). What I have is: benartex "snow day" pre cut squares that I bought at my local quilt shop on a quilt tour last June. there are 64 8" squares and in 4 different patterns. I have paired the squares and I have 32, which gave me 3 stacks of 8 squares and 1 stack of 9 squares. My problem is that I get 4 squares across and 8 down with one leftover. 4 across doesn't seem wide enough!! what can I do to make it wider? Should I try 5 across and 6 down and add a large boarder around the whole quilt or is there another solution? thank you for everything jan
      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
      :lol:

Comment

Working...
      X