Help with Pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Pillow

I am making a couple pillows. Could someone tell me how big the fabric should be to go around an 18 inch pillow. If I made it an inch bigger all the way around would the pillow fit in it or should it be bigger.
    Patrice

Re: Help with Pillow

My personal preference is 2 inches. This covers seam allowance. I made a pillow for a 14 inch pillow and made it one inch bigger and it didn't fit the form. So I had to make another one and that one fit better. But you should ask people like middlesis or Laura or Suzi. They know much more than me. Hugs, Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Re: Help with Pillow

Or you could ask quilting Trish or Sally, or Sewbee. They would know too.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

HELP with a rag quilt!!

Hi can anyone give me some advise on this rag quilt I am trying to make? I have benartex Snow days squares that are pre cut , and there are 64 of them and are 8" ,and I want to use them as a rag quilt. I will have 32 squares for the quilt for the front and back. how can I do this? My problem is that there are 4 different blocks and I have 8 of three of the patterns and 10 of one, (theses are paired) and I can only make 4 blocks across and 8 blocks down. this seems not to be wide enough! Any suggestions??
        thanks jan
        Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
        THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
        :lol:

Comment

Re: Help with rag quilt

Oops!! let me fix one item in my 1st message. I have paired the squares and I have 3 stacks of 8 pairs and one stack of 9 pairs. Sorry trying to do too much at one time. Thanks for any help,
          jan
          Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
          THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
          :lol:

Comment

Working...
          X