Chevron Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevron Quilt

We are converting our son's toddler bed into a "big boy bed" and I want to make a chevron quilt to match his room. His room colors are navy blue, light blue, and white with sailboats (see picture.) I'm doing a little preshopping and was wondering if anyone knew of any layer cakes that would go with his room. I don't care about it matching perfectly; anything with those colors will work! Thank y'all so much!

bedding.jpg
    sigpic

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

~Proverbs 31:30

Re: Chevron Quilt

There is this one that I bought. Some fabrics wern't included so I would be careful of that, I bought a 10'' ruler to make my own cakes because with this one I was disappointed.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89013628...Fc6DQgodSgQAJw

P1016604.JPG

I ended up cutting my layer cake into charms, Still working on it lol
    Last edited by Hulamoon; January 29, 2013, 09:15 PM.
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

You could also do just solid white and solid blue for a boys room. Cute idea.
      My name is CJ
      My Creations: Photo Albums

My Wishful Wants List (ha ha)

Boobs and pins do NOT mix! Trust me, I know from experience. ;)

Love: Sewing and reading.
      Sewing Machine: Janome New Home Model 108
      Pinterest: My Boards
      Pets:Have 1 dog, named Jake which is a Yellow Lab. :)

Comment

I like your quilt, Lorie. The colors are wonderful. Good job. Hugs, Jan L.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Wow! Is the bedding in the photo the same stuff you are using? I ask because I ripped apart the exact same bumper pad a few months ago to make a memory quilt for my cousin. The sailboat is on the upper right, and two of the plaids are bordering blocks on the left. http://pinterest.com/pin/77405687316409465/

If you're interested, I could send you a few of the sailboats. The ones I have are corduroy.

I'm still working on the memory quilt....shhh.

Comment

I am going to make a chevron quilt using the Harmony line of fabric, there is a new line out called seascapes that would look lovely to.
            Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!

Leoniesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
              I like your quilt, Lorie. The colors are wonderful. Good job. Hugs, Jan L.
              Thanks! These half square triangles are a lot harder then they look!
              "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by SisterDi View Post
                Wow! Is the bedding in the photo the same stuff you are using? I ask because I ripped apart the exact same bumper pad a few months ago to make a memory quilt for my cousin. The sailboat is on the upper right, and two of the plaids are bordering blocks on the left. http://pinterest.com/pin/77405687316409465/

If you're interested, I could send you a few of the sailboats. The ones I have are corduroy.

I'm still working on the memory quilt....shhh.
                Yes, that's his bedding! We have a 10 month old as well that is current using the crib bedding, so I can't use any of it in the quilt. I would love a few of the sailboats! Just let me know how much I owe you. Thank you so much!
                sigpic

Comment

@Shorte85- I have considered this option as well. If I can't find any prints this is probably the way I'll go. I wish I could find a light blue layer cake as well. With a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old, finding time to cut squares is hard to do!
                  sigpic

Comment

Seascapes by moda is what I would use....

Comment

Seascapes looks just about perfect! Now to find it in a layer cake. Thank y'all for the suggestions!
                      sigpic

Comment

you could always use this line called spa...MSQC sells it

http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/9448

Comment

Sunnie, the boats are in the water...on their way to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X