• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alana
    replied
    Re: New project

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
    Dragonfly: Your pictures are the perfect size on my computer x

I've never attempted a kaleidoscope before but I've loved every one I've seen so I hope you give it a go. I've always loved this one:

I can't see this image.....darn!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SwampCatNana
    replied

How did you cut the pieces for the block? Templates? Which? Stack-and-whack?
    I saw a template that looks great for this but have been unable to find one.

Leave a comment:

• rougealar
    replied

Thank you Lynn they are beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

They are beautiful Lynn. Can't wait to see it done up right. Good luck with finding time. lol
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

These are just two of a number of blocks that really need to get finished into a quilt...well when I'm not so busy maybe...after Christmas maybe...on day, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Originally posted by rougealar View Post
    Lynn do you have larger pictures of these blocks that I could see?
    Yes I do but I will need to re-upload them, those ended up small because the photo upload manager was being temperamental. I am about to dash out to the shops so I will do it when I get back.

Leave a comment:

• rougealar
    replied

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
    There are a number of different quilts/blocks with this name from very simple to quite complex, do you mean this type of block? If you do then this is from the Stack and Whack book or 2nd book, Stack and Whackier or something similar. They are fun but require some very careful fabric placement and cutting. It's fantastic fun seeing how each block will turn out and how different they can be from the same fabric.

Jenny has a tutorial on the piecing of this style blocks using the turnover pack and its cute but each triangle is a different fabric so you don't get the true kaleidoscope effect. The thrill of these blocks is in the cutting of the pieces.

Huh, again regardless of the size I make the photo it comes out big, this photo problem really needs some attention...HuHum...AL...pretty please.
    Lynn do you have larger pictures of these blocks that I could see?

Leave a comment:

• rougealar
    replied

Ladies both of your quilts are beautiful! I have never seen a kaleidoscope quilt before, I can see I need to do some research

Leave a comment:

• magx
    replied

Dragonfly: Your pictures are the perfect size on my computer x

I've never attempted a kaleidoscope before but I've loved every one I've seen so I hope you give it a go. I've always loved this one:

I don’t know who did this quilt, but has taken my breath away.. I had to move away to be able to close my mouth. Absolutely Fabulous....... did I mention that I love it......

Leave a comment:

• StitchingTime
    replied

Your quilt is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

I can't claim that one (although I'd love to). The quilter's name is Alice Kay and she's done some beautiful quilts. I used one of them as inspiration for my blue and white quilt. You can see more of her stuff here: Alice Kay's Quilt Gallery

My picture looks huge on my computer, is it enormous on everyone else's?
    Jill, the pic is large but great for really seeing it. Thank you for the link to Alice Kay's. What a prolific woman! Ye gads, she has been busy.

Leave a comment:

• Texsam
    replied

I like them-just don't know if I could make one.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

So pretty....I just wish I had the patience for fussy cuts....

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

Yes, Jr, your pic is huge but beautiful! I'll never be able to do that. But gosh it's pretty.

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    replied

I would love to learn this method also,they all look so lovely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X