Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New project

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
    I can't claim that one (although I'd love to). The quilter's name is Alice Kay and she's done some beautiful quilts. I used one of them as inspiration for my blue and white quilt. You can see more of her stuff here: Alice Kay's Quilt Gallery

My picture looks huge on my computer, is it enormous on everyone else's?
    Jill, the pic is large but great for really seeing it. Thank you for the link to Alice Kay's. What a prolific woman! Ye gads, she has been busy.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful.

Comment

Dragonfly: Your pictures are the perfect size on my computer x

I've never attempted a kaleidoscope before but I've loved every one I've seen so I hope you give it a go. I've always loved this one:

I don’t know who did this quilt, but has taken my breath away.. I had to move away to be able to close my mouth. Absolutely Fabulous....... did I mention that I love it......
        Maggie
        Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Comment

Ladies both of your quilts are beautiful! I have never seen a kaleidoscope quilt before, I can see I need to do some research

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
            There are a number of different quilts/blocks with this name from very simple to quite complex, do you mean this type of block? If you do then this is from the Stack and Whack book or 2nd book, Stack and Whackier or something similar. They are fun but require some very careful fabric placement and cutting. It's fantastic fun seeing how each block will turn out and how different they can be from the same fabric.

Jenny has a tutorial on the piecing of this style blocks using the turnover pack and its cute but each triangle is a different fabric so you don't get the true kaleidoscope effect. The thrill of these blocks is in the cutting of the pieces.

Huh, again regardless of the size I make the photo it comes out big, this photo problem really needs some attention...HuHum...AL...pretty please.
            Lynn do you have larger pictures of these blocks that I could see?

Comment

Originally posted by rougealar View Post
              Lynn do you have larger pictures of these blocks that I could see?
              Yes I do but I will need to re-upload them, those ended up small because the photo upload manager was being temperamental. I am about to dash out to the shops so I will do it when I get back.
              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

These are just two of a number of blocks that really need to get finished into a quilt...well when I'm not so busy maybe...after Christmas maybe...on day, lol.
                Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

They are beautiful Lynn. Can't wait to see it done up right. Good luck with finding time. lol
                  Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thank you Lynn they are beautiful!

Comment

How did you cut the pieces for the block? Templates? Which? Stack-and-whack?
                      I saw a template that looks great for this but have been unable to find one.
                      Lee
                      Boston

Life is the present, enjoy!

Comment

Dragonfly: Your pictures are the perfect size on my computer x

I've never attempted a kaleidoscope before but I've loved every one I've seen so I hope you give it a go. I've always loved this one:

I can't see this image.....darn!!!!
                        Alana
                        To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                        alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Working...
                        X