Connecting Threads vs. M*QC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Threads vs. M*QC

I've seen a few of you mention Connecting Threads before. Last night at my quilting bee one of the ladies also mentioned it and said it's quite a bit cheaper than most sites and way cheaper than our local quilt shops. I checked it out and yes, I agree it is way cheaper however is their Jelly Roll, Charm Packs and Layer Cakes choices quite limited or am I just not finding them?

I really quite like the Rhapsody of Reds fabric that you see when you first open their website. Quite pretty!
    Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Re: Connecting Threads vs. M*QC

I buy thread exclusively from Connecting Threads, my machine loves it. I have also bought fabric from them. As far as pre cuts, I buy those almost exclusively from M*. I just got a catalog from CT and every line had pre cuts along with the yardage.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

I have ordered from them and like there fabric - both in term of price and quality. However they don't have as large a selection and be aware of # of strips and charms in there rolls a d packs as they have less than 40.
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

When you bring up a fabric line look on the left where it says sampler. That's where you will find the jelly roll, charm pack, etc. Their packs will only have as many as the number of fabrics in the line. The one I just ordered had 21 fabrics, so to get the equivalent of a jelly roll I would have to order 2 packs. Their prices are good and the fabrics I have bought from them are good quality.

Comment

I buy fabric from Connecting Threads and Fabric.com. I like both companies. Of course, I buy from MSQC, too. They really have a good selection of precuts.
          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I buy all my cotton sewing thread from Connecting Threads. I just love it and it's such a good value. I have bought a few pieces of fabric from CT and it's been okay, but I prefer the precuts from M*.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've bought quite a few pre cuts from Connecting threads. Even though the pre cut packs may be less in quantity, they are still a good price. I needed about 60 strips for a project, so cost wise, it saved me money because I didn't have to buy 2 40ct jelly rolls. I like their fabric. And I've also been eyeing the rhapsody in reds line.

Comment

Another place to shop for pre-cuts (sorry MSQC~ though I am still more loyal to you! lol) is called Green Fairy Quilts http://www.greenfairyquilts.com/catalog.php?category=74 And you get to see new moda product lines coming out in the next few months ahead. They are fast and reliable as well. Much more reliable than Fabric.com but I still buy from them too cause I like the free shipping after $35.
                Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

MSQC has a much larger selection of precuts from major manufacturers. Connecting threads has their own lines, so they are more limited.
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

I only buy thread from them..never had a problem but don't know about the fabric
                    sigpicDream, Explore, Experience!

Comment

Oh no Jess, you are an enabler if I've ever met one! That Green Fairy site is very nice and I have found a few Layer Cakes that I might just have to have! Especially the Sakura Park by Moda, it is divine and would look really pretty in a double slice. And the Indigo Crossing is a stunner too and would have been perfect for my friend who wanted a blue quilt but is instead getting a Little Black Dress one...sigh...this is not good Jess, not good
                      Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

I have been on the Connecting Threads website, but have not bought any of the fabric YET. When I am looking for a certain fabric or brand, I search through Google and find where it is selling the cheapest. There are thousands of quilt shops online - some a little bigger than others, but most of the them carrying about the same thing. My first preference in fabric is MODA - quality is superb! MSQC does carry a lot of MODA and also a lot of other excellent fabric brands. Most of these fabrics are very expensive now - I can remember back when fabric was very reasonable to buy and sew with - not any more. You can't make anything cheap any more. I found another quilt shop in California that sells cheaper also with the Moda and other brands. Just depends on how my budget is running at the time!

Comment

Hmm, prices are cheaper at Green Fairy and so is the shipping to Canada, even after using my points I have at M*
                          Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya D View Post
                            Hmm, prices are cheaper at Green Fairy and so is the shipping to Canada, even after using my points I have at M*
                            I know! The prices are considerably cheaper, but the same exact thing!!! Sorry about the enabling thing ~ Lol!
                            Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I have bought thread, fabric and batting from Connecting Threads. The fabrics offered are all just their line (no other designers or fabric companies). It is pretty good fabric but not as nice as Moda, etc., but much better than most fabric from Walmart, etc. I have had a couple fabrics arrive where the color is really off compared to the website (one red and one green-it was almost black). I would say 95% of the fabric is right on in terms of color and wedsite matching.

My machine loves the thread. It tends to be a tad linty. I prefer Aurifil thread but my wallet much prefers Connecting Threads thread.

Love the batting and always buy it when it goes on sale.

Connecting Threads ships to Canada which is great for me-no driving down to the States to pick up a package.
                              Last edited by RiverMomm; January 8, 2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X