Connecting Threads vs. M*QC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connecting Threads vs. M*QC

Vicky, do you have a PO Box in the States for shipping to? I'm about 4 hours from the border so it wouldn't be feasible for me to go that route.
    Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

I use a little shipping company in Messina, NY. They charge between $3 - $5 a package and will hold it for a couple weeks. I live west of Montreal and Messina is only an hour and a half away so its not a terrible drive.

Originally posted by Tanya D View Post
      Vicky, do you have a PO Box in the States for shipping to? I'm about 4 hours from the border so it wouldn't be feasible for me to go that route.

Comment

She got me with this one too!! Bad Jess!!!!

Originally posted by Tanya D View Post
        Oh no Jess, you are an enabler if I've ever met one! That Green Fairy site is very nice and I have found a few Layer Cakes that I might just have to have! Especially the Sakura Park by Moda, it is divine and would look really pretty in a double slice. And the Indigo Crossing is a stunner too and would have been perfect for my friend who wanted a blue quilt but is instead getting a Little Black Dress one...sigh...this is not good Jess, not good

Comment

I ordered both of the ones I liked. It's my birthday next week so I asked my husband if it was odd to ask for fabric for my birthday and he replied that yes, it was an odd gift request and said to "just order it!" So I told him I loved him and clicked on "add to cart".

I'm accumulating quite the stash!
          Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

I have found through experience that their precuts - they call them samplers - are limited quantities. Of course, that is true with M*QC, too. The red you mention is new this week. They charge by the actual yardage used to make the precut, which is why their price is better, but they have a fairly limited variety compared to M*. They also have exclusive designs that aren't available elsewhere. It all boils down to what fabric line works best for your project, IMHO, but M* is still my favorite online shop!
            Donna

Comment

I have ordered fabric from CT and really like it....you can get even better pricing when they have had the line awhile. I mean like dirt cheap. They have some really pretty/ cute fabrics too.
              sigpic
              2013 = God's continued grace, healthy friends and family, and many wonderful sewing projects :icon_wave:
              Jeanette

Comment

Thanks for the link Jess. They had "Welcome to Bear Country" Layer Cake for only $24. I can probably get 4 little PICU quilts out of that.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Green Fairy Quilts is now going to be a real problem for me. I will prefer M* because you can see the whole line. For better prices but not the newest lines I love Thousands of Bolts.

Jess, I am not mad because I still need to build my stash. So, thanks for the link.
                  Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

I use Connecting Thread thread and love it for piecing and quilting. I do use other threads too according to what I'm doing. I have purchased some of their fabric and I like it. I purchase more from MSQC or my LQS because they have a better selection.
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I have ordered both fabric and thread on Connecting Threads. I will continue to order thread through them, but probably not fabric. To me, it is just not as good quality as M*QC. Two other sites that are very cost effective and good quality are: http://thousandsofbolts.com
                      and http://quiltfabriccloseouts.com. Not sure about mailing outside the US, though. M* has such great service, the merchandise is of great quality, they have great selection of fabric lines, shipping is reasonable, the Daily Deal is awesome, etc. Of course it is nice to have choices, but like most of the other forum members, we still like M* the best.

Good luck.
                      Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by Lisapc View Post
                        Green Fairy Quilts is now going to be a real problem for me. I will prefer M* because you can see the whole line. For better prices but not the newest lines I love Thousands of Bolts.
                        I love Thousands of Bolts too. I first bought some wide backing from them but now find you can't beat their prices.

Comment

I have ordered from both. Had an issue of not getting all the fabrics in a kit I ordered from Connecting Threads and they sent me an entire new kit for free. I recently ordered the kit for those fabulous red fabrics on their site.
                          Beth

Comment

Working...
                          X