X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendat0426
    replied
    Re: inside of quilt

Thanks everyone so much for all the input. I truly did not know that there were so many different options out there. I will do the warm and natural first time around since its for me and maybe try something different next time. Its good to know too that some launder better than others.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

I use warm and natural, have used the bamboo when I can get it on sale and sometimes use a low loft poly type for small baby quilts. I have found that for hand quilting, the low loft is easier for my fingers; not quite as tough as warm and natural. But for machining it, I prefer warm and natural.

Leave a comment:

• Shirley
    replied

I am also a huge fan of Warm and Natural!! I buy the whole bolt when it's half price! I use bamboo too and love the softness of it.

Leave a comment:

• MarianneK
    replied

I used to use Warm and Natural but a few years ago they changed it. So now I use a Bamboo batting, the one at Joann's with the picture of green bamboo leaves on it works great. In fact, my long arm quilter raves about it. I also use Quilters' Dream Cotton batting a lot, the Request thickness, it is wonderfully soft and quilts up nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Hmm someone may need to enlighten me on what exactly the warm and natural is made of but what I use depends a lot on what the quilt will be used for. I use 'O so soft' poly in children's quilt for the above reason, just throw them in the wash as often as needed. For bed quilts it is often a hard choice between cotton or pure wool, I have a personal preference for wool. But we also have a lovely bamboo batting and now an absolutely amazingly gorgeous silk batting. I have yet to try the silk but it feels lovely. For small baby blankets I often put just flannel inside so the are light and very washable.

Wall hangings and table runners a whole new ball game and various weights of pellon are my favoured choices here.

Leave a comment:

• kahillusm
    replied

I also use warm and natural.

Leave a comment:

• Carol_Ann
    replied

Hi, Brenda !
    I usually use Warm & Natural. I use polyester batting for children's quilts because they are laundered a lot & the poly holds up better.

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied

I am using the same. WOrks really well!

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Brenda, first congrats on your first quilt! I use the Warm and Natural and love it. When it goes on sale at JoAnns I buy it by the yard or use a coupon on the packaged ones.
    Hope you post a pic once you are done!
    Patti

Leave a comment:

• Brendat0426
    started a topic inside of quilt

inside of quilt

What do you use for the inside of the quilt? I'm doing my first quilt and had the option of batting or warm and natural. I chose to go with the warm and natural but wanted to see what others who were more advanced than me used. Thanks!!
Working...
X