Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisapc
    replied
    Re: X's & O's quilt with a small throat?

Very encouraging, Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• lilmouse
    replied

I don't FMQ yet but I use her method on all of my quilts with no problems....lots of adjusting....I quilted a king size quilt on a Janome Gem which has the smallest throat space for quilting and it did the job just fine.....and the machine only weighs 11 pounds...had more trouble keeping the machine in one place than with the quilting itself.....I think I finally put the machine on a rubber mat like you use in your cupboards and that helped quite a bit!

Leave a comment:

• Lisapc
    replied

Swedish leo, your work is beautiful. I have a 4 inch throat. I am afraid of starting something I can't really finish.

Auntimern, I actually saw her video a few times. That is what inspired me to try FMQ. My concern is that her throat is huge and mine is minuscule.

I am going to try it but I am really afraid!

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Check out this video, I have done large lap quilts using this method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2Y14B-vwk

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Very nice work... on that little machine... great feather motifs!!

Leave a comment:

• Swedish leo
    replied

I have made an x and o´s quilt on my litlle machine. the troath space is 6 inches.

It can be done. Here is some pic.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lisapc
    started a topic X's & O's quilt with a small throat?

X's & O's quilt with a small throat?

OK, so I was so in love with Jenny's tutorial on the x's& o's quilt that I have the fabric for 2 of them. What I didn't realize is how small the throat on my machine is. It is literally 4 & 1/18 x 1 & 1/2. Really! I just measured it again. I cannot afford another machine and really want to do my own FMQ. I have seen tutorials on quilting a square and attaching it to other quitled squares. I can do that. I just FMQ a 46 x34 panel so blocks are not a problem. The problem is how do I do FMQ with an x's & o's pattern by the block?

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Lisapc; December 9, 2012, 12:04 PM. Reason: stupidity
Working...
X